Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Documentation » Reference guide: i made a pdf (I made a reference guide for U++ guidance)
icon1.gif  Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58067] Sun, 06 February 2022 12:15 Go to next message
frederik.dumarey is currently offline  frederik.dumarey
Promising Member
Working with U++ is really a charm.
Because I'm not programming every day, I made a sort of basic reference guide in PDF in order to get me started.
It is based upon the tutorials on the site + the examples on the site.

I loved to share this one with those interested to learn U++ Smile

Have fun!
If somebody has some remarks, or find errors; please let me know!
I'll be happy to update it in a newer version.

Fred.

Regards,

Frederik Dumarey
Belgium
Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58068 is a reply to message #58067] Sun, 06 February 2022 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Frederik,

You did excellent job by providing this document! One minor thing from me is that you could use U++ framework instead of Ultimate++ framework. We now preferred this name in all public communicates. So, would be good if you could change it on the document.

Do you think you could share this document outside our community/forum? Social network? Separate website? It should be very helpful from framework marketing point of view.

You should also consider writing whole book about U++ Wink You are going into good direction.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
icon1.gif  Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58070 is a reply to message #58068] Mon, 07 February 2022 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hello Klugier,

Thanks a lot for your support, I might hope it serves others Smile
The title and footer has already changed to U++, this was the easy part!

I'm also in contact with Mirek to correct some minor mistakes, really appreciated. When I have a v2 I'll post it asap.
Once I get a "checked" version, I will certainly publish it on my LinkedIn page, since I work in the IT business I have a lot of contacts. It could help indeed to spread the word!

About writing a book, I was already searching on Amazon if there was a book, so maybe this could be the first one Very Happy
You never know, it would be a work of one or two year(s) since I don't have much spare time, but to be considered, maybe. If the authors agree, and would help me around, could be cool indeed Cool

Bye,
Fred.

Regards,

Frederik Dumarey
Belgium
Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58072 is a reply to message #58070] Mon, 07 February 2022 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am suggesting to convert this to github project so that we can have more contributors.

Anyway, the source format is now .pub. Can anybody suggest some better format so that people can contribute better?

My idea is to use qtf / .tpp and then some U++ code to generate those pages. It would work, but does not really feel like the best solution...

Mirek
Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58073 is a reply to message #58072] Mon, 07 February 2022 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Could be great to produce something like this:

https://htmlreference.io/ Shocked

Regards,

Frederik Dumarey
Belgium
icon1.gif  Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58089 is a reply to message #58067] Sat, 12 February 2022 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hello everybody,

Since I received some feedback, and went to some extra examples, I made a new version 0.2.0.
For those who are interested Smile

Regards,

Frederik Dumarey
Belgium
Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58378 is a reply to message #58067] Fri, 13 May 2022 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mountacir is currently offline  Mountacir
frederik.dumarey Thank you!!
I needed this
Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58379 is a reply to message #58378] Fri, 13 May 2022 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
with pleasure! Smile

Regards,

Frederik Dumarey
Belgium
icon1.gif  Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58606 is a reply to message #58067] Sun, 03 July 2022 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
I also made a generic C++ 20 reference card that I want to share with you.
It has been made using resources of a Dutch University. The teacher is also sharing it with his students now Razz

Regards,

Frederik Dumarey
Belgium
Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58619 is a reply to message #58606] Mon, 04 July 2022 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Great job!
icon1.gif  Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58963 is a reply to message #58067] Sun, 02 October 2022 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Added on the U++ Reference Sheet MySQL/MariaDB information (on page 4).

Regards,

Frederik Dumarey
Belgium
Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58965 is a reply to message #58963] Sun, 02 October 2022 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Frederik,

It is good that your manual is living. If I may suggest something, I would make font a little bit bigger (code is difficult to read). You can also thing about splitting it between two columns instead of three.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #58977 is a reply to message #58965] Mon, 03 October 2022 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hello Klugier, glad you like what I'm doing Smile

The reason why I have rather small charsize is because I want it to fit on 4 pages, so max. 2 printed pages recto/verso.

How I use them:
- or on the second screen with full screen PDF: okay to read, also the code examples (I do have 4K screen, hope it also is fine to read on FullHD);
- or I use the printed version color laser 1200dpi: also okay but need good eyes indeed Very Happy ;
- or one can print them out and scale-up to A3, I tried this today and looks great. In this way you can put them on the wall for reference or decoration Laughing

Keep on doing the good work... still love U++ as day one.

Regards,

Frederik Dumarey
Belgium
icon1.gif  Re: Reference guide: i made a pdf [message #59084 is a reply to message #58067] Sat, 29 October 2022 20:39 Go to previous message
Promising Member
Hello everybody,

Since I'm programming with SQL lately, I also found a lack of a good reference sheet for SQL Confused
And since I love to make reference sheets, I have started with a first version.
As always, happy to share this one with all of you!

Have fun!
Frederik.

Regards,

Frederik Dumarey
Belgium
Previous Topic: achieve low file size of compiled executable how ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:18:47 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01631 seconds