FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » U++ Customization
icon3.gif  U++ Customization [message #58320] Wed, 20 April 2022 18:11 Go to next message
Aronimo is currently offline  Aronimo
I was trying to build a custom widget for WxWidget to use in wxsmith in CodeBlokcs, but since 3 days ago I had 0 success in it. But then today I found out about UPP, but is it possible to implement custom items into the GUI builder of the TheIDE, like in wxsmith? Another question is, I wanted to get more used to making GUIs, so I would like to build a storage management, very simple, just to get used to building frames and elements, how does UPP would handle such a thing compared to WxWidgets? Also, a reason to switch from wx to ultimate is that as far as i've seen, UPP has a better UI design, against wxwidgets that only uses native GUI (windows 10 UI is reaallyy ugly IHO).
Re: U++ Customization [message #58323 is a reply to message #58320] Thu, 21 April 2022 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
Writing a widget/Ctrl/component and get it to work with TheIDE layout designer is simple and straightforward. To write the component, you derive your Ctrl from Upp::Ctrl or one of its derivative, eg, Upp::EditString, and add the functionalities you intend to implement.

To get it work with Layout Designer, you need to add a .usc file. Take a look at the usc file in GridCtrl(it's for a single Ctrl), and the usc file in CtrlLib( which is for multiple Ctrls). I am not sure if there are good documentation/tutorials on how to write usc files; you may want to take a look at how upp builtin Ctrls talk with Layout Designer.

As for the second question, I am not really sure what you mean. I had a little bit experience with wx many years ago but could no longer remember its mechanism/jargon. Personally I think there is a very great chance that you will find U++ a better choice.

U++ indeed do things in different ways than most other GUI. Please take some time to try the examples/references, and than quickly go through the tutorial to determine if it's something you would like to invest more time/energy.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2022 15:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: U++ Customization [message #58324 is a reply to message #58323] Thu, 21 April 2022 15:18 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Aronimo,

You could check following (Creating and using custom widgets) GUI tutorial chapter for information about creating custom widget within TheIDE UI designer.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2022 16:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Customization of TheIDE (PLUGIN)
Next Topic: Snow2 decoding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:12:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00520 seconds