FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Relocated Upp Folder - Missing Packages
Relocated Upp Folder - Missing Packages [message #58376] Fri, 13 May 2022 05:49 Go to next message
syntax_ is currently offline  syntax_
Hello all,
I have made a grave mistake. I have copied the entirety of the extracted Upp folder (theide, MyApps, tutorial, .cache, etc.) that I have been working in for a while now to a new directory. When launching TheIde it failed to recognize any packages in the select main package dialog (it was still referencing the old path). So, I deleted the .cache, ran ./install, ./make, and tried again. I finally was able to realize I can right click -> Edit Assembly and change Pacakage Nests to be the new correct path. I remember two paths being separated by ';' for uppsrc and maybe another one, which may be the cause of my problems..
Anyway, I set uppsrc to be new uppsrc path, etc, and all of MyApps were populated once again in the package selector. However, if I try to load ex. myApp1 I get an error saying "Some packages are missing:" CtrlLib, Docking, etc.

Is there a way I can relocate these core libs? The .upp project file seems to only list CtrlLib as a dependency, not ex ../uppsrc/CtrlLib.
Also, strangely, if I create a new project everything builds and links correctly, but if I exit and restart the project I get the same CtrlLib missing error...
I have tried fixing the linker errors by going to Package Organizer -> Compiler Options -> and adding -I for each missing lib, for example -I/home/me/uppProgramming/uppsrc, -I/home/me/uppProgramming/uppsrc/CtrlCore, -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0, etc. etc. I think if I kept on manually adding include paths it would work, but I am stuck trying to find glibconfig.h, and feel this is not the correct solution.

Thank you so much!
Re: Relocated Upp Folder - Missing Packages [message #58380 is a reply to message #58376] Fri, 13 May 2022 23:42 Go to previous message
syntax_ is currently offline  syntax_
Fixed! In Edit Assembly for MyApps I had to also add a path to uppsrc, and then I could re import Docking and other packages. I think a good night's rest was all I needed..
Previous Topic: Virtual scrolling
Next Topic: Is there a non-allocating String similar to a string_view in NTL?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:35:38 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04761 seconds