Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Is there any way to tell TheIDE to store settings in user's personal directory?
Is there any way to tell TheIDE to store settings in user's personal directory? [message #58536] Thu, 09 June 2022 21:40 Go to next message
neo_in_matrix is currently offline  neo_in_matrix
Promising Member
I simply extract downloaded upp-win-xxx.7z to a directory and when I run TheIDE it stores my configuration in that directory.

This is the portable deployment mode. Is there any way to tell it to store configuration files in my Windows account folder, say somewhere in LOCALAPPDATA?
>SET LOCALAPPDATA
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local
Re: Is there any way to tell TheIDE to store settings in user's personal directory? [message #58568 is a reply to message #58536] Wed, 22 June 2022 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
I'm not a Windows user, so I do not know for sure, but you could try to call UseHomeDirectoryConfig() ...

Regards,
Novo
Re: Is there any way to tell TheIDE to store settings in user's personal directory? [message #58569 is a reply to message #58568] Wed, 22 June 2022 17:03 Go to previous message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Well, this is for your own apps. Not sure about TheIDE.
In Unix config files are always stored in a home directory (actually, this is more complicated).
Code, related to locating config-files, can be found in ConfigFile(const char *file).

Regards,
Novo
Previous Topic: U++: Why Archive Data?
Next Topic: Just want to set the text of window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:24:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02674 seconds