Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » [FIXED] GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly (OpenGL ver must be >= 2.1 with full-caps)
[FIXED] GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58555] Fri, 17 June 2022 12:54 Go to next message
luoganda is currently offline  luoganda
Experienced Member
Since this are a part of nonBazaar core packages,
this would be nice to work properly.
I tested this on w7x64 with latest upp-included-clang(16299) and msvc17
producing 32bit debug executable with reference example - GLDrawDemo.
But for this - i used msvc17 since debugger gave me a little more info.
I have also tested this with producing 64bit code,
but it was even worse(only blank white screen).

Anyhow, i attached screenshots where bug happens,
if one is a little bit more familiar with underlying code,
one could probably resolve this quite easily.

Commented code also mostly all produces such bugs.
~~~~~

Bazaar(uppHub) thing:
i suggest - don't throw away Bazaar archive - it has a lot of usefull code.
I didn't for example found Serial package or non-bazaar FontSel(dialog)
in uppHub(maybe i overlooked something), which are mostly just copy/paste
packages - since all works out of the box.

For Serial bazaar package i just added this, to adjust a few things,
for linux, i am not sure if this is needed or how it's done.
  void SetWriteTimeout(dword ms){
    COMMTIMEOUTS ct;memset(&ct,0,sizeof(ct));
    ct.WriteTotalTimeoutConstant=ms;SetCommTimeouts(fd,&ct);
  }
  void SetTimeouts(dword msRead,dword msWrite){
    ct.ReadIntervalTimeout=ct.ReadTotalTimeoutMultiplier=MAXDWORD;
    ct.ReadTotalTimeoutConstant=msRead;
    /*ct.WriteTotalTimeoutMultiplier=MAXDWORD;*/
    ct.WriteTotalTimeoutConstant=msWrite; SetCommTimeouts(fd,&ct);
  }

[Updated on: Mon, 25 December 2023 12:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58557 is a reply to message #58555] Sat, 18 June 2022 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! In context of UppHub this is the step forward in comparison to bazzar and we shouldn't back to it anymore. The reason for that is that many packages are outdated and there are lack of maintainer. I know that currently we do not have Serial package on UppHub, but why do not create one? If you are interested you can create UppHub repository with Serial package from bazaar. This package will be maintain by you.

To create UppHub package, just create git repository and full-fill them accordingly. You could follow the repository structure of AutoScroller. If everything will be ready just let us know that you have created Serial package, so we could add it to UppHub registry.

---------------------------------------
BTW, You put two topics into one thread. Please raise separate topic for GLDraw issue. For me it works correctly on Windows10. Are you compiling GLDrawDemo on virtual machine or something, there might be a problem with a drivers. Also, you should migrate to more modern system. Windows7 hit end of the life, so there is no grantee that everything will be working as expected. Could you try on Windows10. Windows11 or GNU/Linux?

EDIT: OK, after testing we have a fatal error at the begging of the program when targeting 32 bit operating system on Windows. On 64 bit everything works correctly. If you compile with USEMALLOCK it should works fine.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6620&private=0

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2022 21:21]

Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58561 is a reply to message #58555] Sun, 19 June 2022 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
luoganda wrote on Fri, 17 June 2022 12:54

Bazaar(uppHub) thing:
i suggest - don't throw away Bazaar archive - it has a lot of usefull code.
I didn't for example found Serial package or non-bazaar FontSel(dialog)
in uppHub(maybe i overlooked something), which are mostly just copy/paste
packages - since all works out of the box.

For Serial bazaar package i just added this, to adjust a few things,
for linux, i am not sure if this is needed or how it's done.
  void SetWriteTimeout(dword ms){
    ct.WriteTotalTimeoutConstant=ms;SetCommTimeouts(fd,&ct);
  }
  void SetTimeouts(dword msRead,dword msWrite){
    ct.ReadIntervalTimeout=ct.ReadTotalTimeoutMultiplier=MAXDWORD;
    ct.ReadTotalTimeoutConstant=msRead;
    /*ct.WriteTotalTimeoutMultiplier=MAXDWORD;*/
    ct.WriteTotalTimeoutConstant=msWrite; SetCommTimeouts(fd,&ct);
  }

Why do not you start UppHub package for serial?

Seriously, the problem with bazaar was that while it contained a lot of great code, 90% of it was unmaintained.

Mirek
Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58562 is a reply to message #58555] Mon, 20 June 2022 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I think that at least Serial and Sound(wrapped PortAudio soundsystem+plugin/wav)
should go into plugin or core packages, since they are fundamentals.
Serial code won't change in the future, and probably neither PortAudio,
so maintaining code is not an issue, copy/paste packages to core would be fine.

Of course, i have made copies of bazaar archive, just in case you'll be stubborn Smile.
Personally, i prefer main upp-download to be as small as possible, without bazaar and git,
but bazaar and/or github as an option. Upphub may be a plus for some situations
and of course - it could be a handy option and probably "flaten out" newVers diferences
between bazaar and upp bugs.
If one is eager for upphub thing, then one could probably create converter
from bazaar to upphub, and mark/review packages as fullyFuncional or unmaintained, etc.
If this is started: from my experience - Serial and Sound are fully functional.
SoundExample code is also there and functional albeit for blocking mode. Streamed mode
is from my experience fully functional also.

The same goes for FontSel that was proposed soooo many times but not integrated into core(uppsrc/CtrlLib),
all is there only this is lacking for dialogs(colorchooser,FileSel,etc) to be complete.
FontSel code was written by someone else - but i think i changed it a bit some time ago,
anyhow - it's attached(if integrated - only check/correct FontSel.h and FSel.cpp header paths - 2linesOfCode).

What about GLDraw and GLCtrl - core of this topic?
This are also fundamentals..
It's a simple correction for one that knowns how underlying code should work.
  • Attachment: FontSel.7z
    (Size: 2.69KB, Downloaded 68 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2022 21:47]

Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58567 is a reply to message #58562] Wed, 22 June 2022 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Luoganda,

Serial is niche. It shouldn't be part of the Core package and any developer that is currently engage in Upp framework development do not have much experience with that. So putting it there doesn't make sens to me.

However, the different story is with UppHub. It fits there perfectly. It is great addition that expands capabilities of whole Upp framework.

As you see there is no maitaner and the person who wants to move that package there. Could you help with this? Do you want to be a person deserved to our community? If yes, please create GitHub repository in accordance to instruction in this documentation page and let us know when it will be ready. We will handle the package publishing process for ourselves.

Luoganda, I believe in you that you publish your first package on UppHub! Good luck!

Klugier

Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58613 is a reply to message #58562] Sun, 03 July 2022 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
luoganda wrote on Mon, 20 June 2022 14:29

What about GLDraw and GLCtrl - core of this topic?

Tested (with RX580), works. Unfortunately this can be GPU/GPU driver releated; I will try again once I have got Nvidia sometimes this or next month.

Meanwhile, why do not you try to investigate? Have tried to e.g. get backtrace for starters?

Mirek
Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58614 is a reply to message #58562] Sun, 03 July 2022 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
luoganda wrote on Mon, 20 June 2022 14:29
I think that at least Serial and Sound(wrapped PortAudio soundsystem+plugin/wav)
should go into plugin or core packages, since they are fundamentals.
Serial code won't change in the future, and probably neither PortAudio,
so maintaining code is not an issue, copy/paste packages to core would be fine.

I am not fundamentally opposed to this.

Quote:

If one is eager for upphub thing, then one could probably create converter
from bazaar to upphub, and mark/review packages as fullyFuncional or unmaintained, etc.

This would be a mistake.

Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58615 is a reply to message #58613] Sun, 03 July 2022 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

Did you tested with 32 bit clang on Windows (not 64 bit)? I reproduce it with default CLANG build method (not CLANGx64). The error is only with 32 bit, 64 works without crash. It reproduces for both Nvidia and AMD GPU, so I am sure that it is not driver related. I attached screenshot with crash.

Here is backtrace:
Upp::Panic(msg=b2430c "Writes to ") at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\Util.cpp 119
Upp::BlkHeap<Upp::Heap::LargeHeapDetail,256>::DbgFreeCheck(p=7acfd58, size=2024) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\HeapImp.h 101
Upp::BlkHeap<Upp::Heap::LargeHeapDetail,256>::CheckFree(h=7acfd40) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\HeapImp.h 120
Upp::BlkHeap<Upp::Heap::LargeHeapDetail,256>::MakeAlloc(h=7acfd40, wcount=8) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\HeapImp.h 211
Upp::Heap::TryLAlloc(i0=5, wcount=8) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\lheap.cpp 55
Upp::Heap::LAlloc(size=) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\lheap.cpp 111
Upp::Heap::AllocSz(sz=) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\sheap.cpp 167
Upp::MemoryAllocSz_(sz=) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\sheap.cpp 458
Upp::MemoryAllocSz(size=) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\heapdbg.cpp 142
Upp::MemoryAlloc(size=2032) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\heapdbg.cpp 155
Upp::Index<Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Key>::ReallocHash(n=73) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\Index.hpp 41
Upp::Index<Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Key>::GrowAdd<const Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Key &>(k=, sh=2394942300) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\Index.hpp 78
Upp::Index<Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Key>::AddS<const Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Key &>(m=, k=, sh=2394942300) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\Index.hpp 86
Upp::Index<Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Key>::AddS<const Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Key &>(k=, sh=2394942300) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\Index.hpp 102
Upp::Index<Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Key>::Put0<const Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Key &>(k=, sh=2394942300) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\Index.hpp 237
Upp::Index<Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Key>::Put(k=) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\Index.h 92
Upp::LRUCache<Upp::ImageGLData,Upp::Tuple<unsigned long long,unsigned long long,unsigned long> >::Get(m=) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\Other.hpp 187
Upp::GetTextureForImage(flags=3, img=, context=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\GLDraw\Texture.cpp 90
Upp::GetTextureForImage(img=, context=167162738539356648) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\GLDraw\GLDraw.h 38
Upp::GLDraw::PutImage(p=, img=, src=, color= #000000) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\GLDraw\GLDrawS.cpp 400
Upp::SDraw::SysDrawImageOp(x=1674, y=593, img=, src=, color= #000000) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Draw\SDrawPut.cpp 23
Upp::SDraw::DrawTextOp(x=1674, y=605, angle=1200, text=251e5d8, font=<:12>, ink= #000000, n=1, dx=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Draw\SDrawText.cpp 81
Upp::Draw::DrawTextA(x=1694, y=640, angle=1200, text=7b09610, font=<:254>, ink= #000000, n=23, dx=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Draw\DrawText.cpp 49
Upp::Draw::DrawTextA(x=1694, y=640, angle=1200, text=, font=<null>, ink= #FE0000, dx=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Draw\DrawText.cpp 162
Upp::Draw::DrawTextA(x=1694, y=640, angle=1200, text=7b468d0 "x   Text w", charset=0, font=<:254>, ink= #FE0000, n=23, dx=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Draw\DrawText.cpp 174
Upp::Draw::DrawTextA(x=1694, y=640, angle=1200, text=7b468d0 "x   Text w", font=<:254>, ink= #FE0000, n=23, dx=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Draw\DrawText.cpp 189
Upp::Draw::DrawTextA(x=1694, y=640, angle=1200, text=, font=<:640>, ink= #FE0000, dx=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Draw\DrawText.cpp 203
OpenGLExample::GLPaint() at C:\Prototable\upp\reference\GLDrawDemo\main.cpp 31
Upp::GLCtrl::DoGLPaint() at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\GLCtrl\GLCtrl.cpp 24
Upp::GLCtrl::GLPane::WindowProc::<lambda0>::operator()() at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\GLCtrl\Win32GLCtrl.cpp 135
Upp::Function<void ()>::Wrapper<`lambda at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\GLCtrl\Win32GLCtrl.cpp:135:21'>::Execute() at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\Function.h 17
Upp::Function<void ()>::operator()() at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\Function.h 76
Upp::GLCtrl::GLPane::ExecuteGL(hDC=e7011033, paint=, swap_buffers=1) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\GLCtrl\Win32GLCtrl.cpp 113
Upp::GLCtrl::GLPane::WindowProc(message=15, wParam=0, lParam=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\GLCtrl\Win32GLCtrl.cpp 135
Upp::Ctrl::WndProc(hWnd=25064c, message=15, wParam=0, lParam=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\Win32Wnd.cpp 645
759a7c92
7598714a
75985d7f
74bcc889
759a7c92
7598714a
75986bda
7598fa9f
76f4719c
Upp::Ctrl::UpdateDHCtrls() at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\DHCtrl.cpp 126
Upp::Ctrl::UpdateDHCtrls() at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\DHCtrl.cpp 123
Upp::Ctrl::WindowProc(message=15, wParam=0, lParam=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\Win32Proc.cpp 261
Upp::TopWindow::WindowProc(message=15, wParam=0, lParam=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\TopWin32.cpp 70
Upp::Ctrl::WndProc(hWnd=16067a, message=15, wParam=0, lParam=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\Win32Wnd.cpp 645
759a7c92
7598714a
75986bda
7598fa9f
76f4719c
759855b0
Upp::Ctrl::sProcessMSG(msg=) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\Win32Wnd.cpp 740
Upp::Ctrl::ProcessEvent(quit=251fb47) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\Win32Wnd.cpp 762
Upp::Ctrl::ProcessEvents(quit=251fb47) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\Win32Wnd.cpp 781
Upp::Ctrl::EventLoop(ctrl=251fcf8) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\Win32Wnd.cpp 805
Upp::TopWindow::Run(appmodal=0) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore\TopWindow.cpp 323
GuiMainFn_() at C:\Prototable\upp\reference\GLDrawDemo\main.cpp 49
Upp::AppExecute__(app=621500) at C:\Prototable\upp\uppsrc\Core\App.cpp 450
WinMain(hInstance=620000, lpCmdLine=27e0721 "", nCmdShow=10) at C:\Prototable\upp\reference\GLDrawDemo\main.cpp 40
main()
WinMainCRTStartup()
74d66739
76f38fef
76f38fbd

As I wrote previously, using malloc instead of our allocator solves the problem in this case.

Klugier

[Updated on: Sun, 03 July 2022 22:53]

Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58617 is a reply to message #58615] Mon, 04 July 2022 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Does not crash for me, but backtrace is helpful. You have not posted the screenshot, but it appears like "Writes to freed blocks detected" issue?

Obviously, this is is not detected with USEMALLOC for simple reason that normal allocator does not have any such detected.

Anyway, probably the problem is somewhere about image cache recycling/freeing (related to rendering the text). Can you try with

w.DrawLine(80, 90, 400, 0, PEN_DASHDOT);
	//	w.DrawImage(200, 10, CtrlImg::reporticon());
	//	w.DrawImage(280, 10, CtrlImg::reporticon(), Red());
		const char *text = "This text is centered";
		Size tsz = GetTextSize(text, Arial(25).Bold());
	//	w.DrawText((sz.cx - tsz.cx) / 2, (sz.cy - tsz.cy) / 2, text, Arial(27).Bold(), SBlue);
		w.Clipoff(200, 50, 95, 100);
	//	w.DrawText(0, 80, "CLIPPED", Roman(25));
		w.End();

//	for(int angle = 0; angle < 360; angle += 30)
	//		w.DrawText(sz.cx - sz.cx / 3, sz.cy - sz.cy / 3, angle * 10, "x   Text with angle " + AsString(angle));

just to test if we are onto something?
Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58618 is a reply to message #58617] Mon, 04 July 2022 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Next thing to try is to comment GLDraw/Texture.cpp:43 SysImageRealized
Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58620 is a reply to message #58618] Mon, 04 July 2022 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

Commenting SysImageRealized doesn't help. Also, commenting w.DrawImage(), too. What helped is commenting loop with angle:
		//for(int angle = 0; angle < 360; angle += 30)
		//	w.DrawText(sz.cx - sz.cx / 3, sz.cy - sz.cy / 3, angle * 10, "x   Text with angle " + AsString(angle));

So, following code works fine on 32-bit windows:
	virtual void GLPaint() {
		Size sz = GetSize();

GLDraw w;

w.Init(sz);

w.DrawRect(0, 0, sz.cx, sz.cy, SWhite);
		w.DrawRect(10, 10, 30, 30, SRed);
		w.DrawLine(45, 45, 80, 120, 4, Blue);
		w.DrawLine(80, 90, 400, 0, PEN_DASHDOT);

w.DrawImage(200, 10, CtrlImg::reporticon());
		w.DrawImage(280, 10, CtrlImg::reporticon(), Red());

const char *text = "This text is centered";
		Size tsz = GetTextSize(text, Arial(25).Bold());

w.DrawText((sz.cx - tsz.cx) / 2, (sz.cy - tsz.cy) / 2, text, Arial(27).Bold(), SBlue);
		w.Clipoff(200, 50, 95, 100);
		w.DrawText(0, 80, "CLIPPED", Roman(25));

//for(int angle = 0; angle < 360; angle += 30)
		//	w.DrawText(sz.cx - sz.cx / 3, sz.cy - sz.cy / 3, angle * 10, "x   Text with angle " + AsString(angle));

w.End();
	}

------------------
OK, after digging more AsString(angle) is causing crash. It works good with following line of code:
w.DrawText(sz.cx - sz.cx / 3, sz.cy - sz.cy / 3, angle * 10, "x   Text with angle " /*+ AsString(angle)*/);

Replacing AsString with IntStr cause the same error. I think the problem must be with utoa32 (Format.cpp) function and it's memory management on 32 bit architecture.

Klugier

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2022 00:01]

Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58621 is a reply to message #58620] Tue, 05 July 2022 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Mon, 04 July 2022 23:36
w.DrawText(sz.cx - sz.cx / 3, sz.cy - sz.cy / 3, angle * 10, "x   Text with angle " /*+ AsString(angle)*/);

Replacing AsString with IntStr cause the same error. I think the problem must be with utoa32 (Format.cpp) function and it's memory management on 32 bit architecture.

Klugier

Well, accidentally, AsString in this case does not allocate any memory.... Smile

What is more likely that glyphs for digits are maybe causing the problem. Maybe you can replace AsString with "123" ?

Mirek
Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58622 is a reply to message #58621] Tue, 05 July 2022 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

You are right inserting numbers in the string cause crash. Below line crashes:
w.DrawText(sz.cx - sz.cx / 3, sz.cy - sz.cy / 3, angle * 10, "x   Text with angle 123");

So, it is not a problem with number to string conversion. Thanks for explanation about memory allocation Wink

Klugier

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2022 10:44]

Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58623 is a reply to message #58622] Tue, 05 July 2022 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Tue, 05 July 2022 10:44
Hello Mirek,

You are right inserting numbers in the string cause crash. Below line crashes:
w.DrawText(sz.cx - sz.cx / 3, sz.cy - sz.cy / 3, angle * 10, "x   Text with angle 123");

So, it is not a problem with number to string conversion. Thanks for explanation about memory allocation Wink

Klugier

Keep experimenting. What about "xxx" instead of "123" ? (These are glyphs that already should be cached).

Mirek
Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58624 is a reply to message #58623] Tue, 05 July 2022 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

xxx works correctly without crash.

Klugier

Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #58625 is a reply to message #58555] Tue, 05 July 2022 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
The card is a little older
intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family.
So yes, Mirek - it might be this.
Although i think that with gl2.0 should also work fine for basic line etc drawing,
if there are limits what glVer upp needs - then it might be this.
On w7x64 i have also directx11.

On windows - there are only drivers till 2.0 for opengl(rev 8.15.10.1930),
on linux - i think there are for 2.1 too.
Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #60368 is a reply to message #58555] Mon, 25 December 2023 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Checked,
minimum OpenGL version on any platform is fully supported v2.1.

Meaning:
with older graphics card mentioned in previous post,
in this case - GLDraw/GLCtrl works ok on linux with latest drivers but not on win7(drivers not supporting full 2.1 capabilities).

[Updated on: Mon, 25 December 2023 11:26]

Re: GLDraw,GLCtrl would be nice to work properly [message #60371 is a reply to message #60368] Mon, 25 December 2023 17:06 Go to previous message
Senior Contributor
Hello luoganda,

Any chances to update your Windows machine at least to Windows 10. Our policy right now is not to invest in operating systems that are not supported by their maintainers. Windows 7 is not supported since January 14, 2020. You can read more about this topic here.

Klugier

Previous Topic: How to create a hidden folder?
Next Topic: is memsetex really at optimal speed?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:24:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01045 seconds