Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » U++ online meetup with community
U++ online meetup with community [message #58573] Fri, 24 June 2022 16:41 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I would like to ask you if you will be interested to participate in online U++ meetup. I think it would be great occasion to meet each other and talk about U++.

I have got two questions (one of them is dedicated to Mirek):
- do you know free tool that will allow us to meet in wider group like Zoom (Google Hangouts never used it as a host, but saw that some meetups was handle on it)
- Mirek are you interested in participation? Without you it doesn't make much sense.

In Covid times, most of the people are used to online meetings with wider audience. So, I think it is a good occasion to do it.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2022 16:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: U++ online meetup with community [message #58574 is a reply to message #58573] Fri, 24 June 2022 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sayem is currently offline  Sayem
Promising Member
I would love too. I will say discord is a good choice. It is very popular and chances are people have already access to it. You can manage members and give deferent role for deferent permissions. Member can join meeting and chat realtime. Any minor or big announcement can be made in there. I would choose Discord.

It is not made for handling meetings, but it has many flexibility in terms of managing the community. I have a discord server of U++. But there is only me and @Busiek

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2022 18:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: U++ online meetup with community [message #58576 is a reply to message #58574] Sat, 25 June 2022 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omari is currently offline  omari
Experienced Member
Quote:
- do you know free tool that will allow us to meet in wider group like Zoom (Google Hangouts never used it as a host, but saw that some meetups was handle on it)

https://meet.jit.si/

regards
omari.
Re: U++ online meetup with community [message #58578 is a reply to message #58573] Sun, 26 June 2022 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Fri, 24 June 2022 16:41

- Mirek are you interested in participation? Without you it doesn't make much sense.

In general, I sort of hate meetings where people talk instead of type, having suffered some really crazy specimens recently.
Re: U++ online meetup with community [message #58608 is a reply to message #58578] Sun, 03 July 2022 06:31 Go to previous message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
IMHO, a good platform for chatting, typing, or video meetings is a Telegram group.
Telegram has clients for pretty much all platforms, it doesn't have adds, and desktop clients do not use JavaScript.

Regards,
Novo
Previous Topic: gui_sizeof branch merged to master
Next Topic: U++ and Anboto join forces
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:58:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00982 seconds