Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Windows 11 - Menubar issues
Windows 11 - Menubar issues [message #58605] Sun, 03 July 2022 01:00 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Finally, I had a time to install Windows 11 and play with it. I just noticed that we are using "legacy" menu bars and we are rendering them wrongly in comparison to other Microsoft applications that are using them. Our hoover state is wrong. The font should be white not black in this case for light them. Screenshot below:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6626&private=0

The same problem in other applications like Libre Office or GIMP.

In the long term, we should have better menu bars. We should migrate to more modern approach and our menu bars should be more similar to that used in new File Explorer (Excluding "Show more options...") or Edge. I just noticed that Firefox or Thunderbird has pretty nice menu bars. They are a little bit different to that present in Microsoft applications, but they look good. The problem with legacy menu bars is that it doesn't look good and selected entry is very small which is visually confusing.

IMO, the legacy amount in Windows 11 is huge. Two menu bars style in one applications is too much for example File Explorer has modern menu bars, but when you click "Show more options.." then the legacy menu bar is shown. The same is true for Desktop...

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Windows 11 - Menubar issues [message #58642 is a reply to message #58605] Thu, 07 July 2022 20:46 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Sun, 03 July 2022 01:00
Hello,

Finally, I had a time to install Windows 11 and play with it. I just noticed that we are using "legacy" menu bars and we are rendering them wrongly in comparison to other Microsoft applications that are using them. Our hoover state is wrong. The font should be white not black in this case for light them. Screenshot below:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6626&private=0

The same problem in other applications like Libre Office or GIMP.

In the long term, we should have better menu bars. We should migrate to more modern approach and our menu bars should be more similar to that used in new File Explorer (Excluding "Show more options...") or Edge. I just noticed that Firefox or Thunderbird has pretty nice menu bars. They are a little bit different to that present in Microsoft applications, but they look good. The problem with legacy menu bars is that it doesn't look good and selected entry is very small which is visually confusing.

IMO, the legacy amount in Windows 11 is huge. Two menu bars style in one applications is too much for example File Explorer has modern menu bars, but when you click "Show more options.." then the legacy menu bar is shown. The same is true for Desktop...

Klugier

Well, we are not using legacy menu bars, but we are using legacy styling api... Anyway, definitely something to fix, great.

Mirek
Previous Topic: vectormap exampe is not working anymore
Next Topic: PdfDraw, custom DPI request + my fix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:35:28 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01634 seconds