Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » UppHub nests.jason File not accessible for raw access on GitHub
UppHub nests.jason File not accessible for raw access on GitHub [message #58947] Wed, 28 September 2022 13:58 Go to next message
deep is currently offline  deep
Experienced Member
Hi,

Settings->UppHub shows blank panels.

Reason "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/" server not accessible.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ultimatepp/UppHub/main/nes ts.json

Warm Regards

Deepak
Re: UppHub nests.jason File not accessible for raw access on GitHub [message #58950 is a reply to message #58947] Wed, 28 September 2022 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello deep,

Everything works for me on the latest version and all packages that are in nests.json are available. Can you post more details? Screenshot etc..."

Also, this link https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ultimatepp/UppHub/main/nes ts.json works for me.

The only problem I see that there might be a time when GitHub will not be available. Achiving 100% reliability is imppsoble, but if GitHub doesn't work it means that packages can not be downloaded either. I think we should analyze our error handling for such error to at list display that GitHub is unavailable.
--------------------------
Edit: I updated TheIDE UppHub code. Now, it detects and show prompt if any network error occurs during downloading nests.json file. It is very unlikely scenario, but might happen.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2022 23:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UppHub nests.jason File not accessible for raw access on GitHub [message #58954 is a reply to message #58950] Thu, 29 September 2022 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deep is currently offline  deep
Experienced Member
Klugier

Thank you for your response.

It was some very strange DNS problem at my end. Only raw.git.... domain was not resolving.

I will check and resolve DNS issue.

Thanks once again for your support.

Warm Regards

Deepak
Re: UppHub nests.jason File not accessible for raw access on GitHub [message #58955 is a reply to message #58947] Thu, 29 September 2022 22:27 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
It's sometimes also blocked by sysadmins in corporate networks to limit malware distributed through github... (or maybe even some crazy ISP, but I wouldn't want to be customer then... also ISP often do soft-block on DNS only, so one can switch to external DNS servers and just ignore what the ISP is trying to block, and get correct IP anyway, unless you are in some country where they try to actually block all users for real).

So if you can check from different ISP/network, or traceroute/ping/nslookup to see where it fails, maybe you will figure out something.
Previous Topic: Can't compile ScatterCtrl_Demo with current nightly build
Next Topic: Google Test and Google Mocks updated to version 1.10.0 (October 2019)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:38:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 3.92596 seconds