FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » New Assist features
Re: New Assist features [message #59111 is a reply to message #59109] Thu, 03 November 2022 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Thu, 03 November 2022 18:54
Hello Wermann33,

Could you attached the problematic code with the error. From your screenshot I see that commented include was detected as an error, but nothing more. To fix this issue we need to have broader context.

I know that your code might be secret. If it is, please rework it to not be. We need only reproduction scenario, everything else is not needed.

Klugier

It is OK. I have seen those "phantom" errors as well, now in my internal TODO.
Re: New Assist features [message #59113 is a reply to message #59001] Fri, 04 November 2022 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wermann33 is currently offline  Wermann33
Promising Member
Hello Mirek. Hello Klugier!

Sry, for the late reply. Wasnt at work anymore yesterday Smile

Yes, the code is secret and its really hard to reproduce those fake-errors by intention.

Just added another screenshots of an occurence.

Best Regards

Re: New Assist features [message #59114 is a reply to message #59113] Fri, 04 November 2022 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Wermann33 wrote on Fri, 04 November 2022 07:29
Hello Mirek. Hello Klugier!

Sry, for the late reply. Wasnt at work anymore yesterday Smile

Yes, the code is secret and its really hard to reproduce those fake-errors by intention.

Just added another screenshots of an occurence.

Best Regards

Just to be sure we see the same thing: There is no information when you move mouse over it, right?
Re: New Assist features [message #59115 is a reply to message #59001] Fri, 04 November 2022 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Most of the time, there are no informations.

But there are some rare occurencies, information is present.
I attached a screen-example.

Code compiles anyway.
Re: New Assist features [message #59116 is a reply to message #59115] Fri, 04 November 2022 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Wermann33 wrote on Fri, 04 November 2022 08:33
Most of the time, there are no informations.

But there are some rare occurencies, information is present.
I attached a screen-example.

Code compiles anyway.

I believe that I have found the reason (those errors were in included headers; there was missing test that the error is from the current file). Hopefully fixed in master.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 November 2022 18:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Assist features [message #59129 is a reply to message #59001] Mon, 07 November 2022 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi Mirek.

Thank you, but while some fake-errors are gone now, others appear.

Re: New Assist features [message #59137 is a reply to message #59129] Tue, 08 November 2022 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Wermann33 wrote on Mon, 07 November 2022 07:27
Hi Mirek.

Thank you, but while some fake-errors are gone now, others appear.

Any chance you are in debug mode? (Currently, in debug, errors are not displayed - easy fix coming soon).
Re: New Assist features [message #59138 is a reply to message #59137] Tue, 08 November 2022 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
it doesn´t matter what mode im in...
Re: New Assist features [message #59142 is a reply to message #59138] Wed, 09 November 2022 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Wermann33 wrote on Tue, 08 November 2022 10:38
it doesn´t matter what mode im in...

OK, another thing to try: In Assist setup, activate Assist diagnostics. Then when phantom errors appear again, in Assist menu there should be "Current file errors" item - check it out and copy/paste here...

Mirek
Re: New Assist features [message #59144 is a reply to message #59142] Wed, 09 November 2022 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
just an example of an older code, compiling, but showing me errors

ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Upp\uppsrc_2010\Core/Core.h (305): 'abs' is missing exception specification 'noexcept'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (1): in file included from C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp:1:
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (1): in file included from C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp:1:
NOTE: C:\upp\bin\clang\include\c++\v1\stdlib.h (114): previous declaration is here
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi/sysTapi.h (2829): unknown type name '__out_ecount_opt'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (5): in file included from C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp:5:
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS/pos.h (22): in file included from C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS/pos.h:22:
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi\tapi.h (7): in file included from C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi\tapi.h:7:
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi/sysTapi.h (2830): expected ')'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi/sysTapi.h (2826): to match this '('
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi/sysTapi.h (2843): unknown type name '__out_ecount_opt'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi/sysTapi.h (2844): expected ')'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi/sysTapi.h (2840): to match this '('
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi/sysTapi.h (2856): unknown type name '__out_ecount_opt'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi/sysTapi.h (2857): expected ')'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\tapi/sysTapi.h (2853): to match this '('
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\C_Db/C_Db.h (1426): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Upp::String' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Upp::String'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\C_Db/C_Db.h (1426): passing argument to parameter 'message' here
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\C_Db/C_Db.h (1427): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Upp::String' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Upp::String'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\C_Db/C_Db.h (1427): passing argument to parameter 'message' here
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS/pos.h (8490): invalid parameter name: 'default' is a keyword
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (5): in file included from C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp:5:
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (385): no viable conversion from 'Upp::String' to 'Upp::StringBuffer'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Upp\uppsrc_2010\Core\String.h (342): candidate constructor (the implicit copy constructor) not viable: no known conversion from 'Upp::String' to 'const Upp::StringBuffer &' for 1st argument
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Upp\uppsrc_2010\Core\String.h (386): candidate constructor not viable: expects an lvalue for 1st argument
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Upp\uppsrc_2010\Core\String.h (387): candidate constructor not viable: no known conversion from 'Upp::String' to 'int' for 1st argument
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Upp\uppsrc_2010\Core\String.h (337): candidate function
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Upp\uppsrc_2010\Core\String.h (51): candidate function
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Upp\uppsrc_2010\Core\String.h (53): candidate function
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Upp\uppsrc_2010\Core\String.h (54): candidate function
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (475): conditional expression is ambiguous; 'const char *' can be converted to 'Upp::String' and vice versa
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (4607): taking the address of a temporary object of type 'PrintParams'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (4855): conditional expression is ambiguous; 'const char *' can be converted to 'Upp::String' and vice versa
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (4891): conditional expression is ambiguous; 'const char *' can be converted to 'Upp::String' and vice versa
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (5051): conditional expression is ambiguous; 'Upp::String' can be converted to 'const char *' and vice versa
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8303): no matching function for call to 'PosPromptArray'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\TsGui\TsGui.h (1960): candidate function not viable: expects an lvalue for 2nd argument
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8314): no matching function for call to 'PosPromptArray'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\TsGui\TsGui.h (1960): candidate function not viable: expects an lvalue for 2nd argument
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8328): no matching function for call to 'PosPromptArray'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8864): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Vector<...>' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Vector<...>'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8748): passing argument to parameter 'data' here
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8902): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Vector<...>' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Vector<...>'
NOTE: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8748): passing argument to parameter 'data' here
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8908): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Vector<...>' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Vector<...>'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8964): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Vector<...>' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Vector<...>'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8992): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Vector<...>' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Vector<...>'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (8998): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Vector<...>' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Vector<...>'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (9055): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Vector<...>' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Vector<...>'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (9080): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Vector<...>' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Vector<...>'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (9124): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Vector<...>' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Vector<...>'
ERROR: C:\source\Gks_trunk\Gks\POS\Pos.cpp (9226): non-const lvalue reference to type 'Vector<...>' cannot bind to a temporary of type 'Vector<...>'
Re: New Assist features [message #59148 is a reply to message #59144] Wed, 09 November 2022 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Are you using MSC to compile? In that case, does it compile with CLANG?

Perhaps you are using some higher C++ standard (specified in build method)? (libclang runs c++ 14 as default now, can be altered in Assist settings).

Mirek
Re: New Assist features [message #59149 is a reply to message #59001] Wed, 09 November 2022 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi Mirek!

Yes. you are right. This project is to compile with MSC.
Re: New Assist features [message #59150 is a reply to message #59149] Wed, 09 November 2022 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Wermann33 wrote on Wed, 09 November 2022 16:41
Hi Mirek!

Yes. you are right. This project is to compile with MSC.

So if you compile with clang?

The problem is that MSC tolerates some issues that are not strictly C++ standard... And of course, libclang does not...

Mirek
Re: New Assist features [message #59155 is a reply to message #59150] Thu, 10 November 2022 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
understood, can´t compile it with clang
Re: New Assist features [message #59159 is a reply to message #59155] Fri, 11 November 2022 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I found that Assist++ warns that build_info.h is not defined. It is true, but this file is automatically generated and attached during build process. We should do not warn about this issue or this file should be pregenerated and available for libclang to silcen it.

Here is the issue (ide/About.cpp file):
index.php?t=getfile&id=6712&private=0

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: New Assist features [message #59160 is a reply to message #59159] Fri, 11 November 2022 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Fri, 11 November 2022 13:18
Hello Mirek,

I found that Assist++ warns that build_info.h is not defined. It is true, but this file is automatically generated and attached during build process. We should do not warn about this issue or this file should be pregenerated and available for libclang to silcen it.

Here is the issue (ide/About.cpp file):
index.php?t=getfile&id=6712&private=0

Klugier

Good catch, thank you!

Mirek
Re: New Assist features [message #59180 is a reply to message #59160] Tue, 15 November 2022 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolman is currently offline  coolman
Experienced Member
Hi,

I tried new U++ assist and I found a problem with external headers. When Alt+J is executed on a function from an external header, the header is opened for the first time correctly. But then Alt+J doesn't work on this function or other functions from this external header file anymore.

BR, Radek
Re: New Assist features [message #59181 is a reply to message #59180] Tue, 15 November 2022 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
coolman wrote on Tue, 15 November 2022 16:53
Hi,

I tried new U++ assist and I found a problem with external headers. When Alt+J is executed on a function from an external header, the header is opened for the first time correctly. But then Alt+J doesn't work on this function or other functions from this external header file anymore.

BR, Radek

Well, I am doing that all the time with libclang.h (I mean, during development of theide, I am often jumping into libclang.h, which is from this point of view 'external header').

So maybe can you be more specific?

Also, when I read "first time" - to me often happens that I edit the file, which introduces some compile errors, which is causing alt-j not working any more. Probably not your situation, but worth mentioning.
Re: New Assist features [message #59182 is a reply to message #59181] Tue, 15 November 2022 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
mirek wrote on Tue, 15 November 2022 17:19
Hi,

BR, Radek

Well, I am doing that all the time with libclang.h (I mean, during development of theide, I am often jumping into libclang.h, which is from this point of view 'external header').

Also, when I read "first time" - to me often happens that I edit the file, which introduces some compile errors, which is causing alt-j not working any more. Probably not your situation, but worth mentioning.

OK,

E.g. at this code: Alt+J on X509_time_adj() open the x509.h header file at function in this header file. I switched back to the source, moved to the function X509_time_adj() (at different position using mouse) and Alt+J did not work. When I moved out of the U++ window and back in, Alt+J worked again until I did the previous steps.

ASN1_TIME *ans1Time = X509_time_adj(X509_getm_notBefore(crt.Get()), static_cast<long>(0), &time);

Edit:
I found that the symbols in the external file disappear after a while and then Alt+J doesn't work. And OK in the upper left corner is still visible.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2022 18:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Assist features [message #59338 is a reply to message #59182] Sat, 17 December 2022 16:31 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
coolman wrote on Tue, 15 November 2022 18:00
mirek wrote on Tue, 15 November 2022 17:19
Hi,

BR, Radek

OK,

E.g. at this code: Alt+J on X509_time_adj() open the x509.h header file at function in this header file. I switched back to the source, moved to the function X509_time_adj() (at different position using mouse) and Alt+J did not work. When I moved out of the U++ window and back in, Alt+J worked again until I did the previous steps.

ASN1_TIME *ans1Time = X509_time_adj(X509_getm_notBefore(crt.Get()), static_cast<long>(0), &time);

Edit:
I found that the symbols in the external file disappear after a while and then Alt+J doesn't work. And OK in the upper left corner is still visible.

Hi, problem with Alt+J is fixed by commit 588529a7524b3d7e432438d53995edd8d2c783ff
Previous Topic: U++ Discord Server
Next Topic: 2022(?).2 beta
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:50:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02352 seconds