Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Some Questions
Some Questions [message #59119] Sat, 05 November 2022 21:26 Go to next message
199t8
What is the difference between a main and non-main package and how do I make a main one?

Is there an easier way to format code than Edit > Advanced > Format, such as through a keybind?

What does this forum setting do?
https://i2.paste.pics/JNPI9.png

[Updated on: Mon, 07 November 2022 10:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Some Questions [message #59123 is a reply to message #59119] Sun, 06 November 2022 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello 199t8,

Welcome on our forum! We appreciate that you decided to join us.

In short main package is a package with main function. All other packages (non-main) are playing a support role to the main package. For example main package is your application let's call it HomeBudget and supportive package (non-main) is CtrlLib which contains all UI code.

I highly suggest reading following articles:
- Getting Started
- GUI Tutorial

Above articles should give you basics understanding of U++ concepts. If you are looking for more, you can study all tutorials.

i2.paste.pics/JMNM5.png

The link you post is broken. Please attached screenshot using our forum infrastructure.

Is there an easier way to format code than Edit > Advanced > Format, such as through a keybind?

You can already do it by opening TheIDE key configuration menu "Setup > Keyboard shotcutrs.." and then finding "Format code in Editor". Here is the screenshot:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6706&private=0

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 November 2022 20:41]

Re: Some Questions [message #59131 is a reply to message #59123] Mon, 07 November 2022 10:21 Go to previous message
199t8
Thanks!

Since I began with an empty package, I needed to add a configuration flag (whatever that is) in addition to a main function for it to register as a main package.

I've fixed the broken link. It was originally that way because the forum wouldn't let me add images on my first post.

Also, is there a to make the IDE show which files are unsaved? Or is this irrelevant since the editor aggressively autosaves? And how do modules and settings sync if possible work with version control (Git)?

[Updated on: Mon, 07 November 2022 11:58]

Previous Topic: Order of member initialization
Next Topic: Example: TextToSvgPath - Draw + Paint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:05:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01744 seconds