Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » C++ overtaken Java for the first time on Tiobe ranking (December 2022)
C++ overtaken Java for the first time on Tiobe ranking [message #59262] Wed, 07 December 2022 22:34 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

It looks that C++ overcome Java on the Tiobe language ranking for the first time. C++ was responsible for almost 12% all of search engines quarries. This value was seen last time in 2005. In comparison Java declined to only 11.8%. Still a lot, but the trend is declining. 5 years ago this value for Java was around 20%. Python is the leader in the ranking with the 16,5 % shares.

It looks like the policy of frequent releases of new standard for C++ do it job. auto keyword was introduce in C++11 (from 2011) year where Java introduces var keyword in 2018. 7 years after C++. I remembered when people complained that C++ do not take any progress and this is not true. C++ develops rapidly and I can to name just a few features like modules and concepts from c++20. Learning C++ is a good investment. From my perspective learning other technologies are not a problem when you have a good base in the form of c++.

This is definitely good news for U++ as our framework is written in C++. All the best to C++ in the future and another 40 years Smile

Ranking:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6721&private=0

Klugier
  • Attachment: Tiobe.png
    (Size: 40.15KB, Downloaded 218 times)

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: C++ overtaken Java for the first time on Tiobe ranking [message #59264 is a reply to message #59262] Thu, 08 December 2022 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Zbigniew (Klugier), you were faster to post this... Smile Very good news. Coincidentally, I had a job interview yesterday for Python, C++ and that horribly expensive monster QT. I informed them about about U++. They had never heard about powerful and elegant ultimate++ before. Is it very mad to advertise U++ on Linkedin profiles? Why other community members not doing this? Reddit would be also a good place to support Mirek and his articles... Btw., I am back at full steam with U++ and back to my country after 20 mad years in London. I am really glad to see the same forums structure I had created and I really hope to contribute more to the dear project. And instead of my ultimately fried imac from upp video experiments I have got a new M1 arm macbook air ... Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2022 12:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: C++ overtaken Java for the first time on Tiobe ranking [message #59289 is a reply to message #59264] Mon, 12 December 2022 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
Welcome back Smile
Re: C++ overtaken Java for the first time on Tiobe ranking [message #59290 is a reply to message #59262] Mon, 12 December 2022 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
Yes, for an other example, the C++-11's "move semantics" made the language extremely useful and efficient.
Thanks for Mirek for promoting the idea widely.
Re: C++ overtaken Java for the first time on Tiobe ranking [message #59296 is a reply to message #59262] Mon, 12 December 2022 21:07 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Thank you all very much.

I've known U++ for about 15 years and my opinion has become more nuanced over the years, but hasn't changed in the main.
The elegance and efficiency of U++ is still cutting-edge, and that's thanks to leading developers like yourselves.
15 years of conversations with programmers totally convinced that their programming language or library X (C#, WxWidgets, Qt, scripting langs.) is the best above all, seeing how they go up and down, and seeing that after all these years the quality, efficiency and elegance of U++ is still a solid support for professional or amateur programmers to carry out projects with excellence and effectiveness.

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2022 21:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Brazilian developer
Next Topic: DALL-E AI image from string generator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:48:39 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02255 seconds