FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Some bazaar packages ported to UppHub
Some bazaar packages ported to UppHub [message #59380] Mon, 19 December 2022 18:07 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi,

I created a gitlab repository on my server with some of my old Bazaar packages ported to UppHub.
Some are been already ported by somebody (Uniq, PolyXML, Cypher...) and some not (Serial, Protect, RasterCtri...).

Repository is here :

https://gitlab.veneto.com/upphub?page=1

Feel free to link in official UppHub list the ones you want... I still think that it should be possible to add MORE UppHub URLs inside theide, as I pointed in a previous post, so everybody could provide its own list of Hub packages to add, without having to replace the official list.
I even tested links inside json package list, they don't work.

Ciao

Max
Re: Some bazaar packages ported to UppHub [message #59386 is a reply to message #59380] Mon, 19 December 2022 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Massimo,

Quote:

Feel free to link in official UppHub list the ones you want... I still think that it should be possible to add MORE UppHub URLs inside theide, as I pointed in a previous post, so everybody could provide its own list of Hub packages to add, without having to replace the official list.
I even tested links inside json package list, they don't work.

I agree that it would be cool to have the possibility to add additional lists to the official one. I have this on my radar, however we can not do everything at once Smile Currently there is a possibility to override official list with the custom one via "More.." -> "Set UppHub URL..". Did you try this option? If yes and if it doesn't work make sure that .json is formatted similar to our official nests.json file. This option should works with remote and local files. Screenshot with configuration window below:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6729&private=0

Quote:

Some are been already ported by somebody (Uniq, PolyXML, Cypher...) and some not (Serial, Protect, RasterCtri...).

In case of your packages. We ported them, because we were not sure you are still interested in contributing to U++. I think we should migrate to yours package version for our official nests.json. Could you give me all packages that are already in UppHub, but belongs to you and are available on https://gitlab.veneto.com/upphub?page=1. I will replace links.

Please use always U++ as a name of our framework. Ultimate++ is deprecated. So, in description "Ultimate++ (www.ultimatepp.org) UppHub packages" should be replaced with "U++ (ultimatepp.org) UppHub packages".

Moreover, did you consider different name for your group on GitLab? UppHub seems like official repository/registry and in this case it is not. This group is dedicated to your packages. For example Inaki has Anboto organization, maybe you can have something similar like MaxPackagesForUpp, MaxPackages, MaxUppPackages, MPackages, PowerPackages, PowerUppPackages, etc.. It is up to you what you will choose, but UppHub as a group name should be avoided in this case.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 December 2022 21:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Some bazaar packages ported to UppHub [message #59387 is a reply to message #59386] Mon, 19 December 2022 22:26 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Klugier wrote on Mon, 19 December 2022 21:26
Hello Massimo,

I agree that it would be cool to have the possibility to add additional lists to the official one. I have this on my radar, however we can not do everything at once Smile Currently there is a possibility to override official list with the custom one via "More.." -> "Set UppHub URL..". Did you try this option? If yes and if it doesn't work make sure that .json is formatted similar to our official nests.json file.

Yep, I'm manually appending "official" json to mine, on a local text file, but that's not optimal.
My idea would be to add more lines in URL dialog, and to give "precedence" to last ones.
So if somebody want to test some local patches, it's enough to add an url pointing to local fork and, when the package is ready for deployment, remove it.
For exampe, if
https://github.com/ultimatepp/UppHub/blob/main/nests.json]nests.json

contains 'Uniq' package and I want to test some local changes, I could add a line like this :
https://github.com/ultimatepp/UppHub/blob/main/nests.json]nests.json
https://veneto.gitlab.com/UppHub/my_local_nests.json

which could contain 'Uniq' package too, which would take over the official one.

Quote:

In case of your packages. We ported them, because we were not sure you are still interested in contributing to U++. I think we should migrate to yours package version for our official nests.json. Could you give me all packages that are already in UppHub, but belongs to you and are available on https://gitlab.veneto.com/upphub?page=1. I will replace links.

Please, not for now, I'm still quite busy and don't know how well will I be able to maintain them.
Maybe on next year things will change.

Quote:

Please use always U++ as a name of our framework. Ultimate++ is deprecated. So, in description "Ultimate++ (www.ultimatepp.org) UppHub packages" should be replaced with "U++ (ultimatepp.org) UppHub packages".

Ok.

Quote:

Moreover, did you consider different name for your group on GitLab? UppHub seems like official repository/registry and in this case it is not. This group is dedicated to your packages. For example Inaki has Anboto organization, maybe you can have something similar like MaxPackagesForUpp, MaxPackages, MaxUppPackages, MPackages, PowerPackages, PowerUppPackages, etc.. It is up to you what you will choose, but UppHub as a group name should be avoided in this case.

well, gitlab.veneto.com is my private server, so the /UppHub group there should not bring problems, IMHO.
I want to keep my code on my server and not on public ones.

Ciao

Max
Previous Topic: Links in UppHub
Next Topic: Splash screen package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:52:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03015 seconds