Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » format code in editor / windows 10 / theide v.16651 (Edit > Advanced > Format code in editor)
format code in editor / windows 10 / theide v.16651 [message #59442] Wed, 28 December 2022 16:06 Go to next message
BetoValle is currently offline  BetoValle
Experienced Member
Hi,

the option to format the code in theide is not being displayed! Have there been any changes?

** even though it was being displayed in the keyboard shortcuts, if you set it up it didn't work!

Thanks!
Re: format code in editor / windows 10 / theide v.16651 [message #59443 is a reply to message #59442] Wed, 28 December 2022 18:32 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Beto,

You must miss the discussion on the thread about releasing 2022.3. We made the decision to remove dependency to Astyle our formatting library. This changed made formatting comamnd unusable. The main decision about it is that our implementation had critical bug that was difficiult to solve and the person responsible for introducing AStyle didn't maintain it anymore.

The good thing is that we have replacement for that. I integrated clang-format. The change is under review and will land after we release 2022.3. You can read more about this feature on this forum thread. I also encourage you to checkout my Git branch and test the current implementation.

clang-format is much more better than AStyle and it is actively develop. For example it offers formatting for the features from C++20 like concepts. Also, we are handling binary not library which don't endanger us on breaking api changes.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Previous Topic: Scatterctrl Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:51:51 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01214 seconds