Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » New StatusBar for TheIde. Your opinions?
New StatusBar for TheIde. Your opinions? [message #59604] Mon, 13 February 2023 21:08 Go to next message
Mountacir is currently offline  Mountacir
Hi,

I made some modification to TheIde's StatusBar to reduce the crowded TitleBar and give a proper place for that error icon "StatusImage".

index.php?t=getfile&id=6775&private=0

Your opinions?

Re: New StatusBar for TheIde. Your opinions? [message #59630 is a reply to message #59604] Sun, 19 February 2023 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Mountacir wrote on Mon, 13 February 2023 21:08
Hi,

I made some modification to TheIde's StatusBar to reduce the crowded TitleBar and give a proper place for that error icon "StatusImage".

index.php?t=getfile&id=6775&private=0

Your opinions?

I have status bar disabled to gain one more line of code that I can see....

LCDs are pretty wide last 10 years, so it makes more sense to try to put everything in single line in top.

That said, some of indicator moves you suggest make sense, I will consider these.

Mirek
Re: New StatusBar for TheIde. Your opinions? [message #59635 is a reply to message #59630] Sun, 19 February 2023 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I agree with Mirek that it might be good idea to experiment with status bar. I see a lot of possibilities there, including changing encoding and line endings on the fly. Also, our placement for information about line, column and selection is kind of unique in comparison to other tools. Also, it is limiting space for "Menu and toolbar in a row". As for now, this view do not offer all options offered by full toolbar.

However, we shouldn't put there information about errors to status bar. The icon about errors/success should be within CodeEditor. I and Mirek had a long discussion about it.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 February 2023 14:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New StatusBar for TheIde. Your opinions? [message #59675 is a reply to message #59630] Wed, 01 March 2023 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

That said, some of indicator moves you suggest make sense, I will consider these.

Thank you

[Updated on: Wed, 01 March 2023 11:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New StatusBar for TheIde. Your opinions? [message #59676 is a reply to message #59635] Wed, 01 March 2023 11:46 Go to previous message
Quote:

including changing encoding and line endings on the fly.

Also having a fixed place for those information will make them easy to spot, instead of following the length of the file path.

Thanks
Previous Topic: U++ access to webcam
Next Topic: anybody tried re-creating u++ for -std=c++20
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:39:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01852 seconds