Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure
Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4190] Fri, 28 July 2006 15:51 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
"Ultimate++ GUI toolkit" ?
Other ideas? Structure?
Post anything. Then, I expect, we'll get it polished in terms of content and "englishness"... No excuses that you are not a native speaker... Smile
Re: Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4191 is a reply to message #4190] Fri, 28 July 2006 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
to be edited...
Wikipedia article structure comparisons:
wxWidgets:
* 1 Name change from wxWindows to wxWidgets (no need?)
Origins in NTL?
* 2 Software that uses wxWidgets
Ultimate++ - None?
* 3 See also
??? Suggestions?
* 4 External links
o 4.1 Language bindings
Ultimate++ - None?
o 4.2 IDE and RAD tool
Ultimate++ has (uses) its own IDE called theIDE (- create and link to a separate Wikipedia article?)
o 4.3 Reference documentation
links to sourceforge:
1. home page
2. ???
forums.

Re: Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4193 is a reply to message #4191] Fri, 28 July 2006 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Ok, feel free to comment and improve:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate%2B%2B
Re: Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4198 is a reply to message #4190] Fri, 28 July 2006 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

When we do post the page, we need to change http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_toolkit to point to it.

Here is what I think:

In [[computer programming]], '''Ultimate++''' is an [[open_source]], [[cross-platform]] graphical [[widget toolkit]] and rapid application development suite for the development of [[graphical user interface|GUI]] and console applications.
Ultimate++ is being actively developed and has a growing user community. Ultimate++ is released under a [BSD_license].

Contents:
Ultimate++ Design
TheIDE
Software created with Ultimate++
See Also
External Links

Ultimate++ Design
-- To be written, but talk about NTL, widgets, etc

TheIDE
TheIDE is Ultimate++’s integrated development environment. TheIDE introduces modular concepts to C++ programming. It features BLITZ-build technology to speedup C++ rebuilds up to 4 times, Visual designers for U++ libraries, Topic++ system for documenting code and creating rich text resources for applications (like help and code documentation) and Assist++ - a powerful C++ code analyzer that provides features like code completion, navigation and transformation. TheIDE can work with GCC, MinGW and Visual C++ 7.1 or 8.0 compilers (including free Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 and Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition) and contains a full featured debugger. TheIDE can also be used to develop non-U++ applications.

Software created with Ultimate++
See http://upp.sourceforge.net/www$uppweb$apps$en-us.html

See Also
Sourceforge page
Homepage
Forums
Wiki

External Links
Hmm.. ?
Re: Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4201 is a reply to message #4198] Fri, 28 July 2006 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
I think, there must be:
1 general page
for ultimate++ (which I started) pointed from Wikipedia's [application framework] or [software framework]?
(competing among... java, .NET etc.)

2 page "Ultimate++ GUI toolkit" pointed from [gui toolkit]
(competing among QT, wxWidgets, Fox etc.)

3 page "Ultimate++ IDE" pointed from RAD or IDE?
(competing among CodeBlocks, DevC++, Eclipse etc.)

4 page "Ultimate++ Core" or "NTL" pointed from a page which points to STL, BOOST etc.
Re: Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4203 is a reply to message #4201] Fri, 28 July 2006 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

fudadmin wrote on Fri, 28 July 2006 13:38

I think, there must be:
1 general page
for ultimate++ (which I started) pointed from Wikipedia's [application framework] or [software framework]?

4 page "Ultimate++ Core" or "NTL" pointed from a page which points to STL, BOOST etc.

I can see having separate articles for U++ and TheIDE, but not 4 different ones.
-WxWidgets only has one article that I see.
-We can still do all that linking, I think we can even link to a specific "section" of the U++ article.
-There will be a lot of crossover between 4 articles. That's a lot more content that we need also.
Re: Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4204 is a reply to message #4203] Fri, 28 July 2006 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
rbmatt wrote on Fri, 28 July 2006 19:00

fudadmin wrote on Fri, 28 July 2006 13:38

I think, there must be:
1 general page

I can see having separate articles for U++ and TheIDE, but not 4 different ones.
-WxWidgets only has one article that I see.
-We can still do all that linking, I think we can even link to a specific "section" of the U++ article.
-There will be a lot of crossover between 4 articles. That's a lot more content that we need also.

wxWidgets doesn't have:
1. own IDE, packages and building system
2. original libraries STL or BOOST- like ("Core" aka NTL)

It's a question about in how many markets Ultimate++ competes?
Who else wants Ultimate++ to be comparable only to wxWidgets?
Please vote, then...

Re: Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4217 is a reply to message #4204] Fri, 28 July 2006 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

fudadmin wrote on Fri, 28 July 2006 14:08

Please vote, then...

IMHO,
Number of markets != Number of articles needed

I think the question is, for each "market", do we have enough information to warrant just a section in the Ultimate++ article, or an article of its own. Remember, an article can always be "split" but it is harder to merge them.
Re: Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4218 is a reply to message #4217] Fri, 28 July 2006 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
rbmatt wrote on Fri, 28 July 2006 21:07

fudadmin wrote on Fri, 28 July 2006 14:08

Please vote, then...

IMHO,
Number of markets != Number of articles needed

I think the question is, for each "market", do we have enough information to warrant just a section in the Ultimate++ article, or an article of its own. Remember, an article can always be "split" but it is harder to merge them.

Do you want to sell shoes in a sandwiches shop?
in .NET = gdi32 = Microsoft = wxwidgets = STL?
is IDE = GUI toolkit?
Re: Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4219 is a reply to message #4218] Fri, 28 July 2006 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
We DO HAVE enough information.
We just need to invest some time and to make the information we do have to make correct. That's why I started some separate topics to fill in. So, everybody, please show your love for Ultimate++, try your best, and post into appropriate "Pre-Editorial" topics to help with your views and info... Smile
Re: Let's start - Wikipedia article Nr1.: title and structure [message #4222 is a reply to message #4219] Sat, 29 July 2006 00:24 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hm, just a comment. I guess we were in this before...

Would not it be better to actually write something first and discuss it later?

Mirek
Previous Topic: Please post here your sentences for Materials for Articles : "Ultimate++ as a set of libraries
Next Topic: Ultimate++ mentioned on Boost (from mailing list)...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:08:06 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01338 seconds