Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » What could be the best way to implement U++ blogging?
What could be the best way to implement U++ blogging? [message #4236] Sat, 29 July 2006 15:57 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
It was mentioned... Smile So,
What could be the best way to implement U++ blogging?
Do we need it?
Who could participate?
Re: What could be the best way to implement U++ blogging? [message #4237 is a reply to message #4236] Sat, 29 July 2006 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

That brings up the bigger question of "is much going to change on the website?"
But specifically on blogging, the easiest way would be to download some package and integrate it into the site. Before I used a package that was meant specifically for pre-designed sites. I'll look for it and test it out on my server.
Re: What could be the best way to implement U++ blogging? [message #4238 is a reply to message #4237] Sat, 29 July 2006 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
rbmatt wrote on Sat, 29 July 2006 16:04

That brings up the bigger question of "hois much going to change on the website?"
But specifically on blogging, the easiest way would be to download some package and integrate it into the site. Before I used a package that was meant specifically for pre-designed sites. I'll look for it and test it out on my server.

Do we have a candidate for upp website maintainer on sourceforge? Wink
Re: What could be the best way to implement U++ blogging? [message #4512 is a reply to message #4236] Sun, 13 August 2006 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

Eh. Mirek's web generator works decently. I might take a look under the hood later.

Mirek:
What about "grabbing" the news from SF? Parse the XML from
http://sourceforge.net/export/rss2_projnews.php?group_id=939 70&rss_fulltext=1
Re: What could be the best way to implement U++ blogging? [message #4514 is a reply to message #4512] Sun, 13 August 2006 10:32 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
My take:

Www site should be now regenerated using the uppweb package regulary anyway, as I am now adding quite a lot of new topics. (In fact, I made a "woe" to add one code-reference topic and one tutorial topic each day Smile

In fact, there was news system in uppweb implemented, later I have removed that feature when redesigning the website, mostly because I had no energy to write the news Smile

So for the moment, the simplest thing to do IMO is to make it back. Blog entries would simply be written in topic with specific name. Just take a look at topic++ of uppweb - there is www_news group with some old entries.

Mirek
Previous Topic: www updated, a bit of docs added...
Next Topic: How many file attachments per post would you like?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:01:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01292 seconds