Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » QTF Table row height
QTF Table row height [message #4257] Sun, 30 July 2006 19:02 Go to next message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

Is there anyway to set a height for a row in a table? I will be printing out labels, so I will have X columns by Y rows per page, and each cell needs to be exactly the right size.
As a hack I think I could put in a dummy row with width 1 and an object that is the height I need, but I'd like to know if there's anything already built-in.
Thanks
Re: QTF Table row height [message #4258 is a reply to message #4257] Sun, 30 July 2006 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
No.

The height of row is equal to the maximum height of cell.

What you are about to do is more or less ok. Personally, I am rather using empty line(s) with height forced by the font height.

Mirek
Re: QTF Table row height [message #4259 is a reply to message #4258] Sun, 30 July 2006 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok.
luzr wrote on Sun, 30 July 2006 13:59

What you are about to do is more or less ok. Personally, I am rather using empty line(s) with height forced by the font height.

I have 2 problems with that:
-I need to keep vertical alignment to center, meaning I would need to add lines before and after, and
-I do not know how many lines each cell will have until the report is generated. So a typical report would have to calculate this over 1000 times vs. once and applying it to each row.

So I'll try a dummy cell.

Thanks for the quick reply Mirek Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 30 July 2006 20:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: QTF Table row height [message #4260 is a reply to message #4259] Sun, 30 July 2006 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
...well, adding "set minimal cell height" to the ToDo...
Re: QTF Table row height [message #4419 is a reply to message #4260] Sat, 05 August 2006 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm having a terrible time. I have an extra row that is invisible with a single space character in it (I have tried other things).
Size sz;
Report report(sz);
int rowheight=sz.cy/rows;

The hidden cell is then printed out with (using O instead of space)
qtf << ":: [s0;+" << rowheight << " O]\r\n";

I have the entire table setup l/0r/0t/0b/0 to kill all margins.
But ny table goes for more than a page. Depending on how big "rows" is, I have one or more rows on a second page. Frame and grid are 0pt.
I also tried it by setting the top margin on my blank cell, but I got the same results.
Is there anywhere else contributing height that I am not considering?

BTW, I tried using undocumented ^^ to force a new page, but it messed up the table. Cell 1:1 went to the next page but 1:2 and 1:x were still on the same page. For now I am just letting report handle pages.
Re: QTF Table row height [message #4423 is a reply to message #4419] Sun, 06 August 2006 08:29 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Well, hard to say from the description. Would it be possible to create a testcase? (could be bug).

Mirek
Previous Topic: compilation problem in reference/Display
Next Topic: How to insert and display *.png file in UWord and/or qtf??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:09:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01493 seconds