Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Packages needed for compile [SOLVED]
Packages needed for compile [SOLVED] [message #4311] Tue, 01 August 2006 07:23 Go to next message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

So what packages are needed to compile theIDE in Linux?
Right now I'm getting an error that there's an undefined reference to `XauDisposeAuth' and `XauGetBestAuthByAddr' coming from libX11.a
Any clues Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 03 August 2006 06:35] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Packages needed for compile [message #4316 is a reply to message #4311] Tue, 01 August 2006 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
That is really strange, I never heard or referenced anything named like this....

What distro are you using?

Mirek
Re: Packages needed for compile [message #4324 is a reply to message #4316] Tue, 01 August 2006 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3togo is currently offline  3togo
You need to install libxau-dev & libxau6 before u could compile ide

libxau-dev - X11 authorisation library (development headers)
libxau6 - X11 authorisation library
Re: Packages needed for compile [message #4330 is a reply to message #4311] Tue, 01 August 2006 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exolon is currently offline  exolon
I get these errors if I try to compile applications with "all static" as the link mode in Ubuntu.
And some kind of error messages about libxinerama...?

and I have those packages already...

oisin@euler:~$ sudo apt-get install libxau6 libxau-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
libxau6 is already the newest version.
libxau-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Trying to build with link mode as "use shared libs" works, though.

However, I noticed that even very simple applications compile to over 2 megs in Windows with mingw-g++ ... is this normal?
Re: Packages needed for compile [message #4331 is a reply to message #4330] Tue, 01 August 2006 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
- you cannot build in static mode in linux. We perhaps should that option remove completely... (the cause is that some linux libraries are simply missing in static form).

- mingw - unfortunately, it is correct. GCC is not very good in keeping executable size low.

That said, very small GUI apps are really a bit long (1MB with MSC compiler) (no surprise, they contain a lot of stuff statically linked in). That is the price we pay for being "self-contained". IME, it is better to sacrifice 1MB than to introduce DLL-hell.

Moreover, to good part is that the code size grows slowly afterwards. Just consider amount of functions TheIDE contains in 4MB .exe...

Mirek
Re: Packages needed for compile [message #4332 is a reply to message #4330] Tue, 01 August 2006 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think u make a very good point. You must use shared libs mode as it is the safest way to do so.

By the way, what are the error messages about libxinerama?

Also, u must select "Blitz" so that u will not need to compile more than 2Mpeg for a simple program the second time. For the first time, no magics could be done other than have your fingers crossed.

exolon wrote on Tue, 01 August 2006 08:40

I get these errors if I try to compile applications with "all static" as the link mode in Ubuntu.
And some kind of error messages about libxinerama...?

and I have those packages already...

oisin@euler:~$ sudo apt-get install libxau6 libxau-dev

Trying to build with link mode as "use shared libs" works, though.

However, I noticed that even very simple applications compile to over 2 megs in Windows with mingw-g++ ... is this normal?

[Updated on: Tue, 01 August 2006 16:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Packages needed for compile [message #4337 is a reply to message #4332] Tue, 01 August 2006 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm using ubuntu, 6.06 Dapper Drake.
Quote:

rbmatt@rbmatt-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install libxau6 libxau-dev

Tried it with about every combo of build options, all give that error.
I'm going to try a fresh install to see if somehow a detected path was wrong (I did not have all the necessary packages when I first installed).
I'll let you know how it goes.
Re: Packages needed for compile [message #4356 is a reply to message #4337] Thu, 03 August 2006 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have u tried "make clean" before "make" again?
Re: Packages needed for compile [message #4358 is a reply to message #4356] Thu, 03 August 2006 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry, I thought I had replied to this. A reinstall did the trick- I don't know if it was a path setup wrong b/c I didn't have all the packages installed or what. But it works now. And all is good.
Thanks.
Re: Packages needed for compile [message #4359 is a reply to message #4358] Thu, 03 August 2006 06:38 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
rbmatt wrote on Thu, 03 August 2006 05:25

Sorry, I thought I had replied to this. A reinstall did the trick- I don't know if it was a path setup wrong b/c I didn't have all the packages installed or what. But it works now. And all is good.
Thanks.

After your problem is solved, please edit your first post and add [SOLVED]
P.S. I keep forgetting those things myself... Smile
Previous Topic: undefined reference to `CtrlsImg::Get(int)
Next Topic: U++ install on SLES 10 [SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:47:33 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02279 seconds