Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Report margin
Report margin [message #4402] Sat, 05 August 2006 06:48 Go to next message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

Any way to set margins in a report?
I see that by default a report is SetPageSize(3968, 6074); and setting it to sz(5100,6600) gives a page with no margin. So I can do makeshift margins by reducing the size by how much I want for a margin. But I don't see a way to specify, for example, a different top margin from bottom margin. There a(n easy) way?
Re: Report margin [message #4404 is a reply to message #4402] Sat, 05 August 2006 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
No. "logical page" is simply centered to the "physical page" (as reported by host platform).

I guess what you suggest would be benefical. Any ideas for interface? Would be SetLeftMargin(int),SetTopMargin(int) enough, with Null as default resulting in current centering behaviour?

Mirek
Re: Report margin [message #4406 is a reply to message #4404] Sat, 05 August 2006 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

I guess those functions would be convenient, but it depends on how you would implement it. What I'm doing right now is:
Size sz(5100-1200*ScanDouble(SSsetting.Get("printLeftMargin","1")),6600-1200*ScanDouble(SSsetting.Get("printTopMargin","1")));
Report report(sz);

to convert from inches (SSsetting is a VectorMap<String,String>).
Normally it would be sufficient to SetMarginSides(int dots) and SetMarginTopBottom(int dots) but sometimes you would want to SetMarginTop different from SetMarginBottom. And if you can't do that, it could be more frustrating than its worth.
(btw, I would use MarginTop over TopMargin b/c functions would show up sequentially in Assist++ and css uses "margin-top").
Re: Report margin [message #4407 is a reply to message #4404] Sat, 05 August 2006 11:04 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
luzr wrote on Sat, 05 August 2006 06:58

No. "logical page" is simply centered to the "physical page" (as reported by host platform).

I guess what you suggest would be benefical. Any ideas for interface? Would be SetLeftMargin(int),SetTopMargin(int) enough, with Null as default resulting in current centering behaviour?

Mirek

Yes, it is enough.

Luigi
Previous Topic: Any video streaming capabilities?
Next Topic: PATCH: JPG plugin bugfix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:44:59 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01760 seconds