Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Linux fixes...
Linux fixes... [message #4425] Sun, 06 August 2006 14:40 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
- fixed Linux crashing (bug in SyncScroll optimization)

- *ugly patch* to fix ugly GUI font in Ubuntu.

Frankly, I would really like to know how to fix this font issue right. The problem is that we are now using "sans-serif" fontcofig alias as default GUI font, which is in Ububtu 606 defined as Dejavu Sans, which simply looks ugly and Gnome visibly does not use it as its font.

How I know how to read Ubuntu's font information, however it reads as "Sans 12". What I am not sure how to do is how to translate this "Sans" face-name to actual font used (which is apparently Bitstream Vera Sans).

Anyway, for the time being I fixed this issue by using Bistream Vera Sans as GUI font if available, "sans-serif" default if not.

Mirek
Re: Linux fixes... [message #4427 is a reply to message #4425] Sun, 06 August 2006 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
Well, DejaVu is glyph-enhanced Vera, so theoretically they should look the same for latin text.
Bitstream Vera covers basically 8-bit ASCII only.

Guido
Re: Linux fixes... [message #4431 is a reply to message #4427] Sun, 06 August 2006 20:56 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
guido wrote on Sun, 06 August 2006 12:18

Well, DejaVu is glyph-enhanced Vera, so theoretically they should look the same for latin text.
Bitstream Vera covers basically 8-bit ASCII only.

Guido

Yes I know. I was as surprised as you are, but in ubuntu 606, there definitely is a huge difference between both.

BTW, recently U++ is able to cover the most important range 256 - 256+128 in Bitstream Vera (not only) by glyph composition (you need C with caron, U++ prints C and caron...). This AFAIK covers at least EE latina languages (it certainly does help in CZ Wink

Mirek

[Updated on: Sun, 06 August 2006 21:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: New assert...
Next Topic: Report::Margins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:02:38 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01604 seconds