FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp 608-dev2 released
Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5019] Wed, 30 August 2006 23:25 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Added:

- PocketPC support!
- 1.5 and 2.0 linespacing options to RichText/RichEdit (po, ph, pd in Qtf)
- TopWindow::TopMost, NoTopMost, IsTopMost
- New ImageView example
- Reference/RectTracker example
- Documented Format (ufff. that was hard...)
- a couple of new classes and new Image tutorial chapter
- RectTracker now supports tracking horz/vert lines in addition to rectangles

Fixed:

- LabelBox improvements:
fixed "no text" problem
fixed "text in horizontal line" problem
fixed "different text font" problem
fixed LabelBox in .usc
- TabCtrl "hot" problem, "hot" tab was not properly refreshed (to non-hot state) when moving mouse cursor up
- plugin/JPG seeking and error recovery
- Image scaler to be linear (non-seeking)
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5096 is a reply to message #5019] Mon, 04 September 2006 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
unodgs wrote on Wed, 30 August 2006 23:25

Added:
- PocketPC support!

Do I need a special compiler to compile my app for a pocketPC?
Is MSC8 enough ?

Luigi
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5098 is a reply to message #5096] Tue, 05 September 2006 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Unfortunately, at the moment, you need MSC8 for ARM... (Means - Visual Studio 2006 Pro Sad ) Maybe somebody could investigate whether these do come as part of some MSC development SDK (e.g. MSC 8 can be now downloaded as part of .NET development kits).

We are still working on getting GCC/PocketPC working and integrated with U++.

Mirek
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5108 is a reply to message #5019] Tue, 05 September 2006 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomesas is currently offline  nicomesas
Experienced Member
Hi
I'm download this release (debian package) from sourceforge but don't work.
When I execute the ide the message is

nico@nico-linux:~$ /usr/local/bin/ide
/usr/local/bin/ide: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version`GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /usr/local/bin/ide)

my linux is an ubuntu dapper and I can't find the package GLIBC_2.4

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Nico
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5111 is a reply to message #5108] Tue, 05 September 2006 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
nicomesas wrote on Tue, 05 September 2006 21:51

Hi
I'm download this release (debian package) from sourceforge but don't work.
When I execute the ide the message is

nico@nico-linux:~$ /usr/local/bin/ide
/usr/local/bin/ide: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version`GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /usr/local/bin/ide)

my linux is an ubuntu dapper and I can't find the package GLIBC_2.4

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Nico

Apparently the package has been built against a later glibc than yours and now depends on this later version, unnecessarily so.
The package should have been built on debian stable or against a LSB 3.1 sandbox under /opt or the APBUILD system from the autopackage project should have been used for building.

Sorry Nico, nothing you can do.
Need to wait for the package to be fixed.

In reality it is the glibc maintainer who is to blame for this crap. It's the boring seventies libc, leave your silly fingers from it already Confused
I'm currently thinking about switching to Solaris. Having enough from these irresponsible linux kindergarten kids.

Sorry for the rant Very Happy

Guido
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5112 is a reply to message #5111] Tue, 05 September 2006 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Hm, speaking about Solaris... What about testing U++ with it?

Mirek
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5150 is a reply to message #5108] Fri, 08 September 2006 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I have been able to cause that theide works in my ubuntu to dapper, but not that works well.
What I have done has been to compile theide with the IDE of version 605, then I have let have the incorrect reference to glibc_2.5.

The problem that there is now is that theIde thus compiled does not work correctly.

For example, the compiled version as GCC32.Force_speed.Gui is broken when the mouse happens superficially. The GCC32.Debug_full.Gui.Shared version is broken when Assit++ loads package.

I have proven to compile it with makefile but the result is the same one.

Perhaps the solution is in the suitable combination of GUI/GUI XLDF/GUI ULD/GUI USEMALLOC/GUI MT/GUI NOLIB with GCC32 Debug/GCC32 Optimal/GCC32 Size/GCC32 Speed. But I have not found any documentation on the matter in this forum nor in any other part.

Somebody can orient to me?

Nico
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5151 is a reply to message #5150] Fri, 08 September 2006 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Please note the other thread about crashing TheIDE (in TheIDE bugs).

Are your symptoms similiar?

Mirek
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5153 is a reply to message #5151] Fri, 08 September 2006 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I'm Sorry, where I can find TheIde bugs?
I newby in upp Embarassed
Nico
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5154 is a reply to message #5153] Fri, 08 September 2006 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
nicomesas wrote on Fri, 08 September 2006 12:06

Nico

You can post bugs related to theIDE in "U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs".
I posted a topic which sounds similar to your problems with Assist++, I think Mirek wanted to point you to that topic:
http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1397 &start=0&.

Matthias
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5156 is a reply to message #5153] Fri, 08 September 2006 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

nicomesas wrote on Fri, 08 September 2006 06:06

Nico

Sorry for not answering your question.. Wink

I think our forum is really overcomplicated...
I think its structure should like this:

Annoucements
Developement changelog

Library
  - Bugs
  - Feature requests
  - Discussion

TheIDE
  - Bugs
  - Feature requests
  - Discussion

Users applications
Users widgets
Code snippets

Others

and that's all...

(now we have subforums for users controls for eg.. not necessary, each control should have its own sticky topic)
icon14.gif  Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5157 is a reply to message #5154] Fri, 08 September 2006 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Dear Matthias

My problem was exactly the same one, when erasing the file "uppsrc/tctrllib/appdoc.tpp/dlgcalc$cs-cz.tpp" everything has worked well. Laughing

You have saved me a pair of working hours, I already I was debugging the SyncRefs() function in TopicBase.cpp

Thank you very much.

The next problem with theIde I will put them in "U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs"

Nico

[Updated on: Fri, 08 September 2006 13:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5158 is a reply to message #5156] Fri, 08 September 2006 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
You are right, the structure of the forum is too complicated, but at the moment it is what there is, already I will be accustomed.
Nico
Re: Upp 608-dev2 released [message #5159 is a reply to message #5156] Fri, 08 September 2006 14:38 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
unodgs wrote on Fri, 08 September 2006 12:33

I think our forum is really overcomplicated...
I think its structure should like this:

Annoucements
Developement changelog

Library
  - Bugs
  - Feature requests
  - Discussion

TheIDE
  - Bugs
  - Feature requests
  - Discussion

Users applications
Users widgets
Code snippets

Others

and that's all...

(now we have subforums for users controls for eg.. not necessary, each control should have its own sticky topic)

Hi Unodgs,

I'm sorry but I do not think so. Instead I believe that the forum is well structured and one can find what he needs quickly. I still remind the mess I found the first time I visited it. I spent some hours to find a simple but specific thing after reading many... really many useless threads for my purpose.

Perhaps now the new user should look better where to post, but this is nothing, I think, in comparison to the time gained in finding the right topic and answer.
Improvement are of course possible (maybe removing some subfolder) but the general structure should be preserved.

Luigi
Previous Topic: 611(?) Plans...
Next Topic: Upp 609-dev2 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:29:04 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01271 seconds