Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » How to contain frame inside an insetframe?
How to contain frame inside an insetframe? [message #5413] Wed, 20 September 2006 09:52 Go to next message
laurice is currently offline  laurice
Promising Member
I'd like to achieve this effect wherein in my TopWindow, I add an insetframe and then i want all my other windows will only move on the insetframe regions. How do I do this?

Re: How to contain frame inside an insetframe? [message #5416 is a reply to message #5413] Wed, 20 September 2006 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
laurice wrote on Wed, 20 September 2006 03:52

I'd like to achieve this effect wherein in my TopWindow, I add an insetframe and then i want all my other windows will only move on the insetframe regions. How do I do this?

I am not really sure if I undestood the problem well...

Anyway, from this description, what you require is default behaviour.

Re: How to contain frame inside an insetframe? [message #5423 is a reply to message #5416] Thu, 21 September 2006 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Luzr,

Oh quite vague in my description there. Anyways, attached a file here of what I want my first U++ app to be.

As you can see I want those two small windows inside the insetframe to be moved within the boundaries of the insetframe only. Can you refer me to some docs, or snippets?

• Attachment: sample.jpg
    (Size: 33.84KB, Downloaded 1907 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 21 September 2006 03:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to contain frame inside an insetframe? [message #5427 is a reply to message #5423] Thu, 21 September 2006 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
This is MDI and it is not supported by Ultimate++, AS I know.
Re: How to contain frame inside an insetframe? [message #5432 is a reply to message #5423] Thu, 21 September 2006 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Yes, it is MDI and is not directly supported.

You could however, with some non-trivial effort, achieve this by painting all frames yourself.

(I am sorry for not undestanding you at first, "frame" has a little bit different meaning in U++ terminology).
Re: How to contain frame inside an insetframe? [message #5455 is a reply to message #5432] Sat, 23 September 2006 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Thanks Luzr and Zsolt.

So for now, I'll track the where the windows will be dragged on the screen and contain it on the rect/region of the mother frame? Right?

Re: How to contain frame inside an insetframe? [message #5457 is a reply to message #5455] Sat, 23 September 2006 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
laurice wrote on Sat, 23 September 2006 11:06

Thanks Luzr and Zsolt.

So for now, I'll track the where the windows will be dragged on the screen and contain it on the rect/region of the mother frame? Right?

Actually, if you want to start implementing MDI, just make sub-"windows" based on Ctrls, that is the simplest solution.

In fact, the most complicated issue here is to paint proper frames for individual "windows" and teach them to react to resize/move events.

Mirek
Re: How to contain frame inside an insetframe? [message #5478 is a reply to message #5457] Tue, 26 September 2006 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Luzr,

Yes I understand the intricate details on tracking the events relative to the sub-windows and it's parent as well and trigger the paint functions. This is a lot of work, and I've decided to reorganize the UI in splitter instead.

Thanks a lot for shedding light on this, hoping we can have MDI support next.
Re: How to contain frame inside an insetframe? [message #5479 is a reply to message #5478] Tue, 26 September 2006 11:18 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
laurice wrote on Tue, 26 September 2006 05:06

Luzr,
Yes I understand the intricate details on tracking the events relative to the sub-windows and it's parent as well and trigger the paint functions. This is a lot of work, and I've decided to reorganize the UI in splitter instead.

Actually, it is not THAT lot of work. I think it could be done in 500 lines or so (more for generic solution, less for single application).

[Updated on: Tue, 26 September 2006 11:23]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: these nice bubbles...
Next Topic: Testers Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:29:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01411 seconds