Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » [Solved][TrayIcon for Linux] Help needed to merge two eventloops
icon5.gif  [Solved][TrayIcon for Linux] Help needed to merge two eventloops [message #5595] Thu, 05 October 2006 07:51 Go to next message
3togo is currently offline  3togo
// codes extracted from src/main.cpp 

GUI_APP_MAIN
{

TrayIcon traywindow;
	App app;

traywindow.Run();
	//Ctrl::EventLoop();

}

If traywindow.Run() is used, all the events from traywindow could be processed but all the events from app was ignored.

If Ctrl::EventLoop() is used, app events is now be processed but not traywindow.

I have attached the source codes and below is the procedures to "make"
the codes:

tar jxvf trayicon20061005.tar.bz2
cd trayicon
make
./traytest

[Updated on: Fri, 06 October 2006 23:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [TrayIcon for Linux] Help needed to merge two eventloops [message #5614 is a reply to message #5595] Thu, 05 October 2006 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Window must be open to process messages.
Re: [Solved][TrayIcon for Linux] Help needed to merge two eventloops [message #5616 is a reply to message #5614] Thu, 05 October 2006 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3togo is currently offline  3togo
If I open a window using OpenMain /Open, it will end up create a new window. I need a way to link my newly created "Tray Window" to windows created by TopWindow.

I am now still puzzling on how to cast my own version of "Tray Window" to become a real TopWindow. I need something like

GtkEventBox

GtkEventBox — A widget used to catch events for widgets which do not have their own window

luzr wrote on Fri, 06 October 2006 04:43

Window must be open to process messages.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 October 2006 23:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Solved][TrayIcon for Linux] Help needed to merge two eventloops [message #5650 is a reply to message #5616] Sat, 07 October 2006 08:41 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I think you should follow basically the same path as TopWindow - derive from Ctrl and use X11 specific stuff to bring the widget to the system.

It is quite possible that in the process you will need to fix X11Wnd.cpp, perhaps adding some Create parameters. I think for low-level stuff like this it is OK.
Previous Topic: Tester Needed for trayicon for linux version 0.1
Next Topic: StateH(OPEN) call missing in Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:47:23 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01052 seconds