Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.6
[1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.6 [message #5645] Fri, 06 October 2006 23:32 Go to next message
3togo is currently offline  3togo
It is the first usable version that ever released. It should be worked either in Gnome or in KDE.

Thank Luzr for your support.

Testing procedure:
tar -jxvf trayicon20061010.tar.bz2
cd trayicon
./traytest
make
./traytest

[Updated on: Tue, 10 October 2006 13:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5656 is a reply to message #5645] Sat, 07 October 2006 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any tester ? Pls!

3togo wrote on Sat, 07 October 2006 05:32

It is the first usable version that ever released. It should be worked either in Gnome and in KDE.

Thank Luzr for your support.

Testing procedure:
tar -jxvf trayicon20061007.tar.bz2
cd trayicon
./traytest

Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5674 is a reply to message #5656] Mon, 09 October 2006 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomesas is currently offline  nicomesas
Experienced Member
In file mbpixbuf.h line 23
#include "libmb/mbconfig.h"
This file does not exists in my system, but if I comment this line, mbpixbuf.c file compiles fine.

This is the result when i tried to complile.
(I'm sorry my compiler show msg in spanish!!)

mbtray.c
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/mbtray.c:814: aviso: tipos en conflicto para ‘_set_win_context_hint’
WARNING: CONFLICT TYPES FOR

/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/mbtray.c:419: aviso: la declaración implícita previa de ‘_set_win_context_h int’ estaba aquí
WARNING IMPLICIT DECLARATION PREVIUS...
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/mbtray.c: En la función ‘mb_tray_handle_xevent’:

/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/mbtray.c:1102: error: ‘XK_q’ no se declaró aquí (primer uso en esta funció
n)
ERROR: XK_q DOES NOT DECLARED HERE
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/mbtray.c:1102: error: (Cada identificador no declarado solamente se reporta
una vez
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/mbtray.c:1102: error: para cada funcion en la que aparece.)
main.cpp
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/main.cpp: In member function ‘void TrayIcon::RegisWin(Window)’:
/home/nico/upp/uppsrc/CtrlCore/CtrlCore.h:532: error: ‘static ArrayMap<long unsigned int, Ctrl::XWindow, Std
Hash<long unsigned int> >& Ctrl::Xwindow()’ es privado
IS PRIVATE IN THIS CONTEXT
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/main.cpp:162: error: desde este contexto
/home/nico/upp/uppsrc/CtrlCore/CtrlCore.h:532: error: ‘static ArrayMap<long unsigned int, Ctrl::XWindow, Std
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/main.cpp:162: error: desde este contexto
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/main.cpp:164: error: desde este contexto
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/main.cpp:164: error: desde este contexto
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/main.cpp:165: error: desde este contexto
/home/nico/upp/uppsrc/CtrlCore/CtrlCore.h:299: error: ‘Ctrl::Top* Ctrl::<anonymous union>::top’ es privado
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/main.cpp:176: error: desde este contexto
/home/nico/upp/uppsrc/CtrlCore/CtrlCore.h:285: error: ‘struct Ctrl::Top’ es privado
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/main.cpp:176: error: desde este contexto
/home/nico/upp/uppsrc/CtrlCore/CtrlCore.h:299: error: ‘Ctrl::Top* Ctrl::<anonymous union>::top’ es privado
/home/nico/upp/examples/TrayIcon/main.cpp:177: error: desde este contexto
TrayIcon: 2 file(s) built in (0:03.67), 1838 msecs / file, duration = 3696 msecs

There were errors. (0:03.79)
Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5680 is a reply to message #5674] Mon, 09 October 2006 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I have forgotten to tell u that CtrlCore.h need to be patched. Some program's access level need to be changed from "private" to "protected".
I have modified the traytest program to do the patch job.

Quote:

tar jxvf trayicon20061010.tar.bz2
cd trayicon
./traytest
make
./traytest

Thank u for sending me the error codes. Though I can't read Spanish, it is still very helpful to me.

3togo

[Updated on: Mon, 09 October 2006 23:05]

Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5696 is a reply to message #5680] Tue, 10 October 2006 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
It works!

I have modified CtrlCore/CtrlCore.h file (lines 262 and 531 to convert private to protected) and program work in my ubuntu with gnome.

The popup menu look a bit rare ...

Nico
Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5709 is a reply to message #5696] Tue, 10 October 2006 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank u very much. I am very delighted to know that it works.

I know the popup menu look a bit obscure. Any suggestion to make it look better?

By the way, why don't u use my traytest to patch CtrlCore.h ?

3togo

nicomesas wrote on Tue, 10 October 2006 20:43

It works!

I have modified CtrlCore/CtrlCore.h file (lines 262 and 531 to convert private to protected) and program work in my ubuntu with gnome.

The popup menu look a bit rare ...

Nico

[Updated on: Tue, 10 October 2006 19:54]

Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5711 is a reply to message #5709] Tue, 10 October 2006 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
3togo wrote on Tue, 10 October 2006 19:52

By the way, why don't u use my traytest to patch CtrlCore.h ?

I am new using linux and still I do not feel very surely using make, etc.

Nevertheless one occurs me very well to dive in the code, already you have seen it.

Nico
Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5719 is a reply to message #5711] Wed, 11 October 2006 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe it is why u could dig out so many problems from my codes.

Anyhow, you have helped me a lot

Though u are new to linux, you seems to manage to debug codes quite well. What debugger are you using or more precisely how u debug codes?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 October 2006 07:50]

Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5728 is a reply to message #5719] Wed, 11 October 2006 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Quote:

Maybe it is why u could dig out so many problems from my codes.

NonProblem, when you have another usable version avísame.

Quote:

Though u are new to linux, you seems to manage to debug codes quite well. What debugger are you using or more precisely how u debug codes?

This is a question difficult to respond... I pray every day Razz

I have been having much experience working with code C/C++ for more than 10 years. I have fought type of things yet, until now in windoz. Now is my Linux time.

My system is an ubuntu 606 with the normal configuration. I debug with a lot of breakpointa. I don't know how live without a search in files function.

Nico
Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5739 is a reply to message #5728] Thu, 12 October 2006 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the meaning of "avísame"? Is it available.

Thank u for sharing your secret on how to debug program. Next time, I will pray before debugging.

3togo

Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5743 is a reply to message #5739] Thu, 12 October 2006 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Quote:

What is the meaning of "avísame"? Is it available.

oooooh!
I'm sorry. "avísame" in spanish is like "call me" or "send me a email".... My english is very poor and I use a translation page to make almost all the translations.

What I say about prayer was a joke Laughing , I practice the meditation every day. And this is good to have the wide-awake mind.

Nico

[Updated on: Thu, 12 October 2006 15:28]

Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5752 is a reply to message #5743] Thu, 12 October 2006 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member

What is meditation? Does it do anything apart from give you a wide awake mind?

Graeme
Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5759 is a reply to message #5752] Fri, 13 October 2006 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Quote:

That is a difficult question. It helps me to concentrate to me. But I believe that this it is not the best forum to speak about this.
Nico
Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #5760 is a reply to message #5759] Fri, 13 October 2006 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
nicomesas wrote on Sat, 14 October 2006 00:08

Quote:

That is a difficult question. It helps me to concentrate to me. But I believe that this it is not the best forum to speak about this.
Nico

True, though you don't need to worry coz the forum moderator's gone AWOL (he's probably in a monastery meditating). Thanks though.

Graeme
Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #6614 is a reply to message #5760] Mon, 20 November 2006 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Smile

Mirek
Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #10632 is a reply to message #5696] Fri, 20 July 2007 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnevans77 is currently offline  johnevans77
Has this cool feature merged to 2007.1?

JE
Re: [1st Usable Version] TrayIcon for Linux Version 0.5 [message #10641 is a reply to message #10632] Fri, 20 July 2007 10:24 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Yes.

Mirek
Previous Topic: System tray on windows
Next Topic: TopWindow Backup/Restore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:10:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01839 seconds