Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » bigmailer
bigmailer [message #5788] Mon, 16 October 2006 12:16 Go to next message
nicomesas is currently offline  nicomesas
Experienced Member
Hello to all.

I announce to you that I have released to the first beta version of the program that I am developing at the moment.

It consists of a module that is able to send emails customized to many directions of mail.

The singularity of this project is that to be able to send the mails I have extended the SmtpMail class of package Web, creating an retort that is able to authentificate itself in the server (to do login).

Another peculiar thing, that perhaps can serve somebody, to him is that it has capacity to import the data of a file with format csv.

In this project I use the CtrlGrid of Daniel (unodgs). The message editor is totally inspired by UWord.

You can download the code from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bigmailer/

Things to do:
* to establish the translation system well, now he is in English and some pieces in Spanish.
* to control the errors in the shipments.
* to control the "black list" that is to say, the people whom they have asked for that is not sent more mail to them.
* to use a system of decent data base (now I use text in format INI)
* to be able to insert images in the messages (and to see if it is possible soon to be codified as HTML)
* to establish the system of plug-in being able to extract the data of other more complex data bases.

Re: bigmailer [message #5789 is a reply to message #5788] Mon, 16 October 2006 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
BTW, makeing it sf.net project is really a great idea!

Also an advice: You really should use sf.net options, like "news" to get an attention. Register on freshmeat.net too and announce any releases. These things pay off.

Mirek

[Updated on: Mon, 16 October 2006 12:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: bigmailer [message #5790 is a reply to message #5789] Mon, 16 October 2006 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
sf.net does not have in the section "user-interface" no reference to ultimate++. There are secions for GTK,QT,WX,...

Perhaps we could create it...
Re: bigmailer [message #5792 is a reply to message #5790] Mon, 16 October 2006 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
nicomesas wrote on Mon, 16 October 2006 07:00

sf.net does not have in the section "user-interface" no reference to ultimate++. There are secions for GTK,QT,WX,...

Perhaps we could create it...

Then request it!

Mirek
Re: bigmailer [message #5812 is a reply to message #5788] Tue, 17 October 2006 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
nicomesas wrote on Mon, 16 October 2006 12:16

Hello to all.

I announce to you that I have released to the first beta version of the program that I am developing at the moment.

It consists of a module that is able to send emails customized to many directions of mail.

The singularity of this project is that to be able to send the mails I have extended the SmtpMail class of package Web, creating an retort that is able to authentificate itself in the server (to do login).

Another peculiar thing, that perhaps can serve somebody, to him is that it has capacity to import the data of a file with format csv.

In this project I use the CtrlGrid of Daniel (unodgs). The message editor is totally inspired by UWord.

You can download the code from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bigmailer/

Things to do:
* to establish the translation system well, now he is in English and some pieces in Spanish.
* to control the errors in the shipments.
* to control the "black list" that is to say, the people whom they have asked for that is not sent more mail to them.
* to use a system of decent data base (now I use text in format INI)
* to be able to insert images in the messages (and to see if it is possible soon to be codified as HTML)
* to establish the system of plug-in being able to extract the data of other more complex data bases.

Hi Nico,

I wanted to try your package but there is no GridCtrl in my dev10-dev1. Is it in dev10-dev2?

Luigi
Re: bigmailer [message #5813 is a reply to message #5812] Tue, 17 October 2006 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
forlano wrote on Tue, 17 October 2006 19:49

I wanted to try your package but there is no GridCtrl in my dev10-dev1. Is it in dev10-dev2?

I will include it in the following beta.

GridCtrl is an control developed by unodgs and you can download from http://dgs.pac.pl/dgs.php?file=files/Grid%20Ctrl/grid_ctrl_0 .95.7z

If you have the U++ 610-dev2 and you use linux, may be you have any problem in GridCtrl/GridCtrl.cpp.

If you use Windows, please, report me of any error so that it can fix it.
Re: bigmailer [message #5814 is a reply to message #5813] Tue, 17 October 2006 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
nicomesas wrote on Tue, 17 October 2006 20:34

forlano wrote on Tue, 17 October 2006 19:49

I will include it in the following beta.

GridCtrl is an control developed by unodgs and you can download from http://dgs.pac.pl/dgs.php?file=files/Grid%20Ctrl/grid_ctrl_0 .95.7z

If you have the U++ 610-dev2 and you use linux, may be you have any problem in GridCtrl/GridCtrl.cpp.

If you use Windows, please, report me of any error so that it can fix it.

Hi Nico,

I was able to compile it and run.
There is no place (I didn't see it) where to enter my smpt server. Then I saw there is a .ini file with such information. I entered manually the information but the program crashed when I run it. I suspect some mismatch with the .ini file.
In fact I delete the .ini file the program run again.
Then the program create a new .ini but the next time it crash again.

Let me poit out that in some case (my case) the smtp server do not need "user" and "password" autentication. In this case the smtp class should not use these information or, I suspect, some error may appear.

I like the idea of the program. Let me suggest to add:
- a window to enter smtp info with eventual user and password,
- possibility to attach file(s),
- request of receipt return.

Luigi

PS: at last I've seen the Daniel's famous GridCtrl! I hope to get in future even some short info that shows the difference with the ArrayCtrl and what kind of problems it can resolve.
I would like to use it in my next application in conjunction with sqlite3. For the moment I'm studying this last in my spare time.

PPS: I used the smptEx class you posted in this forum. I put it in the Web package. I hope you used the same for bigmailer.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 October 2006 21:36]

Re: bigmailer [message #5821 is a reply to message #5814] Wed, 18 October 2006 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
In order to enter the config of smpt server you can go to the ? (menu), preferences item.

In linux the program works ok. May be I win recompile and test in windows ...

Thank for your test.
Re: bigmailer [message #5822 is a reply to message #5821] Wed, 18 October 2006 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
nicomesas wrote on Wed, 18 October 2006 11:45

In order to enter the config of smpt server you can go to the ? (menu), preferences item.

In linux the program works ok. May be I win recompile and test in windows ...

Thank for your test.

Now I have found it! I think the preference should stay in someother place more evident.
However do not work. Maybe because I have not used user and password that I do not need.

Luigi
Re: bigmailer [message #5823 is a reply to message #5822] Wed, 18 October 2006 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
you are right, I will put the menu of configuration in another more visible place.

By the way, I have proven the program in Windows, using visual studio 2005 express, with U++-610-dev2 and have found the failure that was in the starting.

If you want to prove it, simply you have modifies lines 146 and 167 in the file cfg.cpp
  from = ini.Get("from", ""); 
  subject = ini.Get("subject", ""); 

I forgot to add the second parameter to him, and, as in linux it has worked without problems, I could not detect the error.

I am working in one beta2 to solve other failures...

[Updated on: Wed, 18 October 2006 12:44]

Re: bigmailer [message #5825 is a reply to message #5814] Wed, 18 October 2006 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Quote:

PPS: I used the smptEx class you posted in this forum. I put it in the Web package. I hope you used the same for bigmailer.

Exactly. The smtpEx class and my related posts in this forum are the previus view from this program.
Re: bigmailer [message #5826 is a reply to message #5788] Wed, 18 October 2006 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello all

I have uploaded to a new beta version to sourceforge and have corrected some obvious problems.

* Correct load of messages in windows.
* Add more visibility to the message name.
* Now the program saves correctly the message file.

Now the next step is to add an plugin system to extract emails, names (and other data) from complex databases, for marketing pruposes. This is my next goal.
Re: bigmailer [message #5835 is a reply to message #5826] Thu, 19 October 2006 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
nicomesas wrote on Wed, 18 October 2006 13:39

Hello all

I have uploaded to a new beta version to sourceforge and have corrected some obvious problems.

* Correct load of messages in windows.
* Add more visibility to the message name.
* Now the program saves correctly the message file.

Now the next step is to add an plugin system to extract emails, names (and other data) from complex databases, for marketing pruposes. This is my next goal.

Hi Nico,

it now crash only when I use the send command. (windows MSC8, 610-dev1)
Luigi
Re: bigmailer [message #5836 is a reply to message #5835] Thu, 19 October 2006 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Quote:

OK, tomorrow morning I will give a look him.

Are your debugged the code to see where is broken?
Re: bigmailer [message #5837 is a reply to message #5836] Fri, 20 October 2006 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
nicomesas wrote on Thu, 19 October 2006 21:16

Quote:

OK, tomorrow morning I will give a look him.

Are your debugged the code to see where is broken?

No, with MSC8 I've not the debugger tool. Anyway it ceashes with the SEND commad.

Luigi
Re: bigmailer [message #5838 is a reply to message #5837] Fri, 20 October 2006 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
forlano wrote on Fri, 20 October 2006 09:21

No, with MSC8 I've not the debugger tool.

Very rare! I have installed the Visual Studio 2005 express and debuger works enough good to me.

Quote:

Anyway it ceashes with the SEND commad.

I have compiled the bigmailer-beta2 with U++ 610-dev2 in windows and it works correctly.

Here are the executable, please test it in order to know if its works.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 October 2006 13:56]

Re: bigmailer [message #5839 is a reply to message #5838] Fri, 20 October 2006 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
nicomesas wrote on Fri, 20 October 2006 13:55

Here are the executable, please test it in order to know if its works.

Hi Nico,

Thank you, it works.
This means I must upgrade to dev2 version.
(Perhaps the executable now can be removed to save space in the forum).

Luigi
Re: bigmailer [message #6208 is a reply to message #5788] Thu, 02 November 2006 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hello to all again!

I finish releasing to another beta version (3) to bigmailer.

What has again is that I have reconstructed the UI completely, now I believe that it is clearer and easier to use.

Another new thing that it has is that it supports the change of language (Spanish/English)

You can download it from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=17971 0
Re: bigmailer [message #6229 is a reply to message #6208] Fri, 03 November 2006 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Hi!

I've tested your mailer with my newest internal version of grid ctrl and hopefuly it seems to work fine! (some time ago it was not - so thank you for using it - it's a good test for me)
Re: bigmailer [message #6285 is a reply to message #6208] Sun, 05 November 2006 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Senior Contributor
nicomesas wrote on Thu, 02 November 2006 16:11

Hello to all again!

I finish releasing to another beta version (3) to bigmailer.

What has again is that I have reconstructed the UI completely, now I believe that it is clearer and easier to use.

Another new thing that it has is that it supports the change of language (Spanish/English)

You can download it from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=17971 0

Ciao Nico,

I tried your new version but I had the error:
C:\MyApps\GridCtrl\GridHeader.cpp(1523) : error C3861: 'IsXPStyle': identifier not found
GridCtrl.cpp
C:\MyApps\GridCtrl\GridCtrl.cpp(285) : error C2039: 'IsXPStyle' : is not a member of 'Ctrl'
        C:\upp\uppsrc\CtrlCore/CtrlCore.h(172) : see declaration of 'Ctrl'
C:\MyApps\GridCtrl\GridCtrl.cpp(285) : error C3861: 'IsXPStyle': identifier not found
C:\MyApps\GridCtrl\GridCtrl.cpp(4552) : error C3861: 'IsXPStyle': identifier not found
GridCtrl: 2 file(s) built in (0:04.92), 2461 msecs / file, duration = 5016 msecs

I'm using 610-dev3. Any idea?
Luigi
Previous Topic: New UPTs: "Function Test Frame" and "Function Test"
Next Topic: An administrative console...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:51:03 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01771 seconds