Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Icon designer » TheIDE crashes when editing iml files
TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6143] Wed, 01 November 2006 09:05 Go to next message
yeohhs
Hi,

While editing several iml files, theIDE crashes.
I noticed that this happens when I edit one iml file and when I switch to another iml file, theIDE crashes. This has happened several times.

See attached screen shot.

I'm using Ultimate++ 610-dev4.

Thanks and best regards,
Yeoh
--
P.S. OS used is Win2K SP4
  • Attachment: theide.jpg
    (Size: 134.98KB, Downloaded 2470 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 01 November 2006 09:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6147 is a reply to message #6143] Wed, 01 November 2006 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Having hard times reproducing (does not crashes here). There must be some slight difference on what I am doing and you are doing...

Do you think you could send me the package and exact description of steps to achieve the crash?

Mirek
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6160 is a reply to message #6147] Wed, 01 November 2006 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeohhs
Here are the steps:

Step 1. When the package is loaded, it shows MyUppApp.iml.
Step 2. Click "About.iml" in left window, now we see About.iml.
Step 3. Now click the tab, switching from MyUppApp.iml to About.iml and back, a few times.

On my pc, I reloaded theIDE and tried this several times and in all cases, theIDE crashed. On my pc, this appears to be consistent.

I've attached the package.

Thanks and best regards,
Yeoh
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6161 is a reply to message #6147] Wed, 01 November 2006 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
Hello Yeoh,
have a look at this topic, too:
http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=61 59&#msg_6159

seems like i have a similar problem.

It appears when
Starting a new empty package, creating a package directory iml-File and then inserting a picture from the clipboard.

does this work at yours, too?

Bas
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6163 is a reply to message #6161] Wed, 01 November 2006 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
Mine crashes only in debug mode, in which mode did you compile the ide? debug or release?

Bas
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6164 is a reply to message #6163] Wed, 01 November 2006 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
fallingdutch wrote on Wed, 01 November 2006 06:03

Mine crashes only in debug mode, in which mode did you compile the ide? debug or release?

Bas

I rather think these are two distinct problems, yours being 64-bit related...

Mirek
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6166 is a reply to message #6160] Wed, 01 November 2006 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
yeohhs wrote on Wed, 01 November 2006 05:46

Here are the steps:

Step 1. When the package is loaded, it shows MyUppApp.iml.
Step 2. Click "About.iml" in left window, now we see About.iml.
Step 3. Now click the tab, switching from MyUppApp.iml to About.iml and back, a few times.

On my pc, I reloaded theIDE and tried this several times and in all cases, theIDE crashed. On my pc, this appears to be consistent.

I've attached the package.

Thanks and best regards,
Yeoh

Still no crash... Perhaps you can try it in debug mode and debugger?

Mirek
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6170 is a reply to message #6161] Wed, 01 November 2006 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeohhs
Hello Bas,

I don't have that problem. I usually copy an existing iml file into a new project, then rename it. For icon files, I use Pelles C to open an existing icon, then copy and paste it into the iml file.

TheIDE I'm using now is version 610-dev4, the pre-compiled version that comes with MinGW.

Ok, Mirek, later I will try to run it in the debugger and debug mode. I have not yet compiled U++ libraries in debug mode.

Thanks and best regards,
Yeoh
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6171 is a reply to message #6170] Wed, 01 November 2006 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
yeohhs wrote on Wed, 01 November 2006 07:44

I have not yet compiled U++ libraries in debug mode.

Well, all you need to do is to select uppsrc assembly, ide main package, switch to debug and press F5 Smile

It would be however better to do it with MSC... (better debugger).

Mirek
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6173 is a reply to message #6171] Wed, 01 November 2006 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeohhs
OK, I will compile theIDE in debug mode.
I'm using MSC8, Free Edition.

Also, I have a bunch of .usrlog, .buglog and .crash files in C:\upp.
See attachment.

Thanks and best regards,
Yeoh
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6175 is a reply to message #6173] Wed, 01 November 2006 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeohhs
I've compiled ide package for both release and debug mode with MSC8.

When I run it within theIDE, loaded MyUppApp package and tested on the iml files, both versions did not crash. Smile

Best Regards,
Yeoh
--

Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6176 is a reply to message #6175] Wed, 01 November 2006 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Too bad....

Mirek
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6315 is a reply to message #6176] Mon, 06 November 2006 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK, Tom has just found a bug in .iml handling that caused crashes like this.

The only trouble is that this bug crashes only .iml files in old format (~ pre 610 version). Could that be the case?

Mirek
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6318 is a reply to message #6143] Mon, 06 November 2006 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeohhs
I'm not sure whether I'm using the old format .iml files. I started with Ultimate++ 610 dev version. I can't remember where and how I got the iml file, possibly either from the template when I created a new project or copied from one of the examples and then renamed it.

Best Regards,
Yeoh
--
P.S. I'm not aware of the difference between the old and new format. Is it possible to tell from my earlier attachment: myuppapp_imlcrash.7z?

Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6319 is a reply to message #6318] Mon, 06 November 2006 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Good news: MyUppApp.iml was in old format Smile

Mirek
Re: TheIDE crashes when editing iml files [message #6324 is a reply to message #6143] Mon, 06 November 2006 13:48 Go to previous message
yeohhs
Great news! Smile

Thanks and best regards,
Yeoh
Previous Topic: CTRL + U problem in icon designer
Next Topic: Zoom In / Out Buttons for icon designer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:10:39 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01225 seconds