FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » StatusBar&InfoCtrl » Statusbar disappears
Statusbar disappears [message #6443] Mon, 13 November 2006 05:04 Go to next message
zaurus is currently offline  zaurus
Hi!

I see my statusbar disappear if I maximize the window. With no maximize everything is ok and also if I make the window zoomable the statusbar stays.

In constructor -> No statusbar:

AddFrame(m_Status);
Maximize();

In constructor -> Have statusbar:

AddFrame(m_Status);
Zoomable();
Maximize();

Is this normal? If yes what is the reason that the window must be zoomable. In booth cases the window is maximized to the whole screen. I'm using UPP 610 dev2 with Win2K.

Zaurus
Re: Statusbar disappears [message #6447 is a reply to message #6443] Mon, 13 November 2006 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Quote:

Is this normal?

Of course not. Hard to say what is wrong from so little info - please provide a simple testcase.

Mirek
Re: Statusbar disappears [message #6482 is a reply to message #6447] Tue, 14 November 2006 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi!

Currently not at home. I will send in simple example maybe tomorrow.

Zaurus
Re: Statusbar disappears [message #6487 is a reply to message #6443] Tue, 14 November 2006 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi!

Attached is a test case. If I enable the 'Zoomable()' I can see the statusbar. It seems to have something to do with the Icon. If there is no Icon then I can see the statusbar even with no 'Zoomable()', but the application extents itself over the taskbar at the bottom, which is not the case when Icon is used.

Maybe some small hidden bug somewhere.

I use Upp610dev2 on Win2K with mingw compiler.

Zaurus
Re: Statusbar disappears [message #6491 is a reply to message #6487] Tue, 14 November 2006 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mezise is currently offline  mezise
I have test it - WinXP, upp611-dev1.

Without Zoomable() functionality in Maximize() mode window has the status bar, but hidden behind Windows task bar (always "one row" bellow top line of the task bar). Some bug with getting a height of available area?

Michal
Re: Statusbar disappears [message #6492 is a reply to message #6491] Tue, 14 November 2006 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, if I comment out "Maximize", everthing is OK.

This looks like Maximize for non-zoomable window is the problem...

Looks like win32 simply assigns too big area to the window when it is maximized and not zoomable.

Mirek

[Updated on: Tue, 14 November 2006 14:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Statusbar disappears [message #6502 is a reply to message #6492] Wed, 15 November 2006 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi!

You can keep Maximize() and comment out "ICON..." then the statusbar is also visible. Why setting of the icon changes the visibility of the statusbar?

Not really a big problem, but a bit strange.

Zaurus
Re: Statusbar disappears [message #6506 is a reply to message #6502] Wed, 15 November 2006 10:05 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
zaurus wrote on Tue, 14 November 2006 20:11

Hi!

You can keep Maximize() and comment out "ICON..." then the statusbar is also visible. Why setting of the icon changes the visibility of the statusbar?

Not really a big problem, but a bit strange.

Zaurus

Well, I guess this is a question for MSDN Smile

In any case, what you are trying to do is to maximize a window that cannot be maximized.

Mirek
Previous Topic: add StatusBar fields [EXAMPLE]
Next Topic: howto add more InfoCtrl's to StatusBar?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:35:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01524 seconds