FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp 611-dev4 released
Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6801] Tue, 28 November 2006 23:27 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

+ GTK theming! (not 100% yet)
+ Image MakeImagePaintOnly(const ImageMaker& m)- optimized version of MakeImage
+ Ctrl:: and CtrlFrame::OverPaint - allows painting outside the view area
+ further optimizations of child controls scrolling
- fixed: ArrayCtrl content was scrolled even if it was not visible.
- ArrayCtrl now properly sorts columns with embeded controls
- Tooltips were not shown on popuped windows

[Updated on: Tue, 28 November 2006 23:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6807 is a reply to message #6801] Wed, 29 November 2006 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
unodgs wrote on Tue, 28 November 2006 23:27

+ GTK theming! (not 100% yet)

Hello,

I'll do the upgrade in the next days. I wonder if GTK theme works even on XP or I have to install a thirdy part library?

In Linux I've KDE, it will work the same?

Luigi
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6808 is a reply to message #6807] Wed, 29 November 2006 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:

I'll do the upgrade in the next days. I wonder if GTK theme works even on XP or I have to install a thirdy part library?

In Linux I've KDE, it will work the same?

GTK theming works only on Linux (no matter if you run KDE or GNOME - but in KDE you'll see only the basic theme).

PS: Dev-4 isn't compilable on Linux.. you must manually change all draw to Draw (compiler will say you where Wink ) Unfortunately I missed that before releasing dev4

[Updated on: Wed, 29 November 2006 11:04]

Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6809 is a reply to message #6807] Wed, 29 November 2006 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Hi Luigi,

Gtk theming is only available on *nix sytems, up to now.
Theoretically it might also be available on Win systems using Gtk on Windows, but I think this has lowest priority (if it will ever be implemented) since we can use native widgets.
KDE theming also does not seem to be implemented, but I think this will be done soon by Mirek Wink.

Matthias
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6811 is a reply to message #6809] Wed, 29 November 2006 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
masu wrote on Wed, 29 November 2006 05:06

KDE theming also does not seem to be implemented, but I think this will be done soon by Mirek Wink.

Well, not too soon. In theory, it is possible, in practice, it is too much work for too little return.

I think people are used to run GTK applications in KDE, many distros even have the same basic theme for both.

Mirek
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6812 is a reply to message #6811] Wed, 29 November 2006 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Wed, 29 November 2006 11:14

masu wrote on Wed, 29 November 2006 05:06

Well, not too soon. In theory, it is possible, in practice, it is too much work for too little return.

I think people are used to run GTK applications in KDE, many distros even have the same basic theme for both.

Mirek

Besides, dlopen() linking to Qt would cause interesting legal problems, like, does your code become GPLed or not, since technically it still works in absence of Qt.
Tricky, really tricky Very Happy

Guido
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6815 is a reply to message #6811] Wed, 29 November 2006 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor

Mirek

I was just curious to know in advance what I should expect from next upgrade. Frankly I'm very satisfacted with the current look (XP and linux) and I do not care at all about themes.

Luigi
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6817 is a reply to message #6815] Wed, 29 November 2006 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
forlano wrote on Wed, 29 November 2006 06:07

Mirek

I was just curious to know in advance what I should expect from next upgrade. Frankly I'm very satisfacted with the current look (XP and linux) and I do not care at all about themes.

Luigi

But people generally do. Including your users Smile

Mirek
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6819 is a reply to message #6817] Wed, 29 November 2006 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
luzr wrote on Wed, 29 November 2006 12:13

forlano wrote on Wed, 29 November 2006 06:07

Mirek

Luigi

But people generally do. Including your users Smile

Mirek

Confused ... hmmmm ...
Your are right. The problem of my mistake is that I'm the first user of my application, and all other users should follow my taste Smile

Luigi
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6828 is a reply to message #6808] Wed, 29 November 2006 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
unodgs wrote on Wed, 29 November 2006 11:01

PS: Dev-4 isn't compilable on Linux.. you must manually change all draw to Draw (compiler will say you where Wink ) Unfortunately I missed that before releasing dev4

It is!
[update:] at least the debian packages are

I fixed that bug before creating the release Smile

Bas

[Updated on: Wed, 29 November 2006 22:40]

Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6922 is a reply to message #6801] Tue, 05 December 2006 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lundman is currently offline  lundman
Experienced Member
Hello again!

Since I now inhereted the OsX machine itself when my colleague quit, I thought I would check on how things are now. I managed to port it to OsX fine last time, but it had a few graphics glitches, but otherwise fully functional.

I have grabbed 611-dev4 to play with, here is a list of issues I have resolved, and moved on with:

Core/Core.h:

#ifdef flagOSX                      
        #define PLATFORM_OSX
        #define PLATFORM_POSIX
        #ifdef flagGUI      
                #define PLATFORM_X11
        #endif  

#ifdef flagTESTLEAKS
                #define TESTLEAKS         
        #endif                

#endif                                    

Draw/Draw.upp:

library(OSX) X11;

library(OSX !XLFD) "Xft fontconfig Xrender freetype expat";

All Makefile changes should be done in the ide, and re-export
the Makefile. But I do not have an old ide version yet.

Ide/Makefile:

Macro =  -DflagGUI -DflagGCC -DflagSHARED -DflagOSX -DflagPPC

CINC =  -I$(UPPDIR1) -I/usr/X11R6/include/
        -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/opt/local/include/

OSX Does not like the 
 -Wl,O,2 => 
                -Wl,--start-group  \
                -Wl,--end-group
 just delete.

and add:
                        -lfontconfig \
                        -lXrender \
                        -lfreetype \
                        -lpng 

Core/Stream.h:

int       Get32le();
        int64     Get64le();

Add semi-colon.

Core/Stream.cpp line 154:
 Defines *be() function again, when it should be *le().

int  Stream::Get16le() {
 int Stream::Get32le() {
 int64 Stream::Get64le() {

Core/Stream.cpp: line 443-471

#ifdef CPU_BE
 //       SwapOrder(data, count);
 #endif

No such function.

Draw/Drawing.cpp: line 49-77

#ifndef CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN
 //               BltSwapEndian4(out, out, count);
 #endif
 No such function.

plugin/bmp/bmphdr.h
 #ifdef CPU_BIG_ENDIAD

typo?

plugin/bmp/bmp.h:

Add "::" to EndianSwap, and put a cast on it:
 ::EndianSwap((dword&) xxxxx);
 * many (12?)

CtrlLib/CtrlLib.upp:

uses(OSX) PdfDraw;

What I am currently stuck at is:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
TTFReader::TTFStream::operator%(int&)
TTFReader::TTFStream::operator%(unsigned int&)
TTFReader::TTFStream::operator%(short&)
TTFReader::TTFStream::operator%(unsigned short&)
FreeDll(void*)
LoadDll(String&, char const* const*, void* const*)
vtable for BMPEncoder
DumpLanguage(int)
DumpAlign(int)
DumpColor(Color)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6924 is a reply to message #6922] Tue, 05 December 2006 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iplayfast is currently offline  iplayfast
Just tried downloading the upp 611-dev4 release and ran across what appears to be an old bug.

The makefile is looking for PixelArray.h which from reading the forum appears to be obsolete.

Also looking for PixelUtil.h, Topic.h,Topic.lay,Image.h

another Topic.h and Topic.iml and Topic.lay

After deleting all those references (assuming they are all obsolete), it goes a tiny bit further and has problems finding draw/gtk.dli and draw/gobj.dli

It also complains about version.h not having a newline at the end of the file.

The file where all this occurs is SelectPkg.cpp
Looking at SelectPkg.cpp there is an include file in the middle of a structure. Is this right?
struct DLLTYPE

I believe that part of the problem is in Draw.h where include paths for Draw is in lowercase instead of mixed case (Draw)

This fixes some problems until in the Makefile lines with ide/Core/Topic.h should be replaced with Core/Topic.h
and ide/Topic/Topic.lay should be replaced with ide/Browser/Topic.lay

This goes on and on. As this makefile appears to be machine generated, could you please generate it again...
Thanks

Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6925 is a reply to message #6924] Tue, 05 December 2006 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

iplayfast: load the new project into an old ide, and make it. Or, use "Create Makefile" in the old ide to re-generate the Makefile for the new ide.
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6926 is a reply to message #6925] Tue, 05 December 2006 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks just found that. What if I didn't have an old ide available? Shouldn't part of the build process be to create the makefile?
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6927 is a reply to message #6926] Tue, 05 December 2006 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Trying to fix the Makefile is futile, exporting is only way. And you use the IDE to generate it Smile

I grabbed a existing (older) binary ide, to generate my Makefile for dev4.

Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6928 is a reply to message #6922] Tue, 05 December 2006 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
lundman wrote on Tue, 05 December 2006 01:37

Hello again!

Since I now inhereted the OsX machine itself when my colleague quit, I thought I would check on how things are now. I managed to port it to OsX fine last time, but it had a few graphics glitches, but otherwise fully functional.

I have grabbed 611-dev4 to play with, here is a list of issues I have resolved, and moved on with:

Core/Core.h:

#ifdef flagOSX                      
        #define PLATFORM_OSX

BTW, maybe we should call this platform as OSX11, because this is not "real" MacOS X... What do you think?

FreeDll(void*)
vtable for BMPEncoder
DumpLanguage(int)
DumpAlign(int)
DumpColor(Color)

Looks like PdfDraw (but than one you added to uses?) and plugin/BMP are not present - both are conditional uses for X11. Strange...

Mirek
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6930 is a reply to message #6928] Tue, 05 December 2006 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Tue, 05 December 2006 18:05

BTW, maybe we should call this platform as OSX11, because this is not "real" MacOS X... What do you think?

Yeah I can do.. once I know what to do, including the patches needed for code generation, I will do it again in a clean tree, and send you a diff in the hopes that it will be accepted.

FreeDll(void*)
vtable for BMPEncoder
DumpLanguage(int)
DumpAlign(int)
DumpColor(Color)

Ok, TTFStream was in a "#ifdef CPU_LE" which I'm currently
just commenting out (using LE version will at least compile even if the code wont work)

The LoadDll and FreeDll.. Don't know, commenting out the calls in dli.h made it go away. The DumpLanguage etc references were all in the same .cpp file, which probably should have #if DEBUG around them, not sure.. but I could get around that to.

The only one not solved is:

vtable for BMPEncoder

Why only that one, PNGEncoder compiles.. tried defining an empty ~BMPEncoder method, but no difference.

Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6963 is a reply to message #6930] Wed, 06 December 2006 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A couple of things.
First I didn't know where to post my real question, so I'm posting it here in the hopes that some moderator will put it in the proper place. So the first thing is a place on the forum for installation issues.

Second, I decided to get the svn version to get the latest. Got it just fine. Started up upp and it asked me about what package etc to use. How do I point it to the directory I just downloaded. I just want it to load the project there, not use the other one that I set it up on last year.
Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6964 is a reply to message #6930] Wed, 06 December 2006 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Gutted BMPEncoder, I can live without it.

However, there are still the same graphics glitches in all buttons, which may be related to the changes I had to make when porting (listed above). In particular missing Blt*, Swap* functions.

If the big button graphics glitches can be address, it would be fully usable.

Re: Upp 611-dev4 released [message #6965 is a reply to message #6964] Wed, 06 December 2006 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ultimate Member
Some fixes:

static void StreamUnpackInts(Stream& stream, int *out, int count)
{
#ifdef CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN
	if(sizeof(int) == 4) {
		stream.Get(out, count * 4);
		return;
	}
#endif
	while(count--)
		*out++ = stream.Get32le();
}

static void StreamPackInts(Stream& stream, const int *in, int count)
{
#ifdef CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN
	if(sizeof(int) == 4) {
		stream.Put(in, count * 4);
		return;
	}
#endif
	while(count--)
		stream.Put32le(*in++);
}
Previous Topic: Upp 611-dev3 released
Next Topic: Forum migrated