Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Google Ad in Download Page?
Google Ad in Download Page? [message #6872] Sat, 02 December 2006 16:35 Go to next message
yeohhs
Hi,

I've seen one software directory site using this idea.
They put a Google Ad in the software submission page and request submitters to view the ad before submitting the software submission.

At this http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb2$download$en-us.html page, perhaps for U++, you could place a Google Ad with a request to view it, just above the link "Go to download page". Make the viewing optional, i.e voluntary, so that visitors can still go to the download page without viewing it. Smile

What do you guys think of this idea?

Best Regards,
Yeoh

Re: Google Ad in Download Page? [message #6873 is a reply to message #6872] Sat, 02 December 2006 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
yeohhs wrote on Sat, 02 December 2006 10:35

Hi,

I've seen one software directory site using this idea.
They put a Google Ad in the software submission page and request submitters to view the ad before submitting the software submission.

At this http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb2$download$en-us.html page, perhaps for U++, you could place a Google Ad with a request to view it, just above the link "Go to download page". Make the viewing optional, i.e voluntary, so that visitors can still go to the download page without viewing it. Smile

What do you guys think of this idea?

Best Regards,
Yeoh

This is strictly forbidden by Google. They will not have that ad there for long as they will likely be kicked out of AdSense.

BTW, I have decided not to put AdSense to the forum for similar reasons - we will go with some less attractive option (namely adbrite) here.

Mirek
Re: Google Ad in Download Page? [message #6881 is a reply to message #6873] Sun, 03 December 2006 10:49 Go to previous message
yeohhs
luzr wrote on Sat, 02 December 2006 23:58

This is strictly forbidden by Google. They will not have that ad there for long as they will likely be kicked out of AdSense.

BTW, I have decided not to put AdSense to the forum for similar reasons - we will go with some less attractive option (namely adbrite) here.

Mirek

I see. Smile
Previous Topic: Upp in Ubuntu
Next Topic: Germany-based Ultimate++ Web Site Relaunched
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:43:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01318 seconds