Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » External resources » Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset
Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset [message #7426] Thu, 28 December 2006 22:43 Go to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
Quote:

The Windows Installer XML (WiX) is a toolset that builds Windows installation packages from XML source code. The toolset supports a command line environment that developers may integrate into their build processes to build MSI and MSM setup packages.

http://wix.sourceforge.net/

Bas
Re: Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset [message #7431 is a reply to message #7426] Fri, 29 December 2006 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
fallingdutch wrote on Thu, 28 December 2006 22:43

Quote:

The Windows Installer XML (WiX) is a toolset that builds Windows installation packages from XML source code. The toolset supports a command line environment that developers may integrate into their build processes to build MSI and MSM setup packages.

http://wix.sourceforge.net/

Bas

Hi Bas,

I remind to have read somewhere on the forum that U++ has its own utility/package to realize the installation. Is it true? If yes where can I found it? (I bet it is even easy to use how all other stuff).

Luigi
Re: Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset [message #7433 is a reply to message #7431] Fri, 29 December 2006 10:18 Go to previous message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
Hi Luigi,

forlano wrote on Fri, 29 December 2006 09:35

I remind to have read somewhere on the forum that U++ has its own utility/package to realize the installation. Is it true? If yes where can I found it? (I bet it is even easy to use how all other stuff).

To be honest, i have never read or heared of it. I just talked to Mirek and he said that it was just to install U++ in windows.

So tasks like installing a service, that is what i will use Wix for, can't be done by it.

Bas
Previous Topic: MingW/GCC 4.1
Next Topic: GCCC/MingGW 4.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:43:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01319 seconds