Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » topic++ browser [BUG][FIXED]
topic++ browser [BUG][FIXED] [message #612] Thu, 19 January 2006 10:26 Go to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
Hi,
Here is a bug in topic++ browser.
- Click the topic tree on the left to move keyboard focus there.
- Press cursor down to move to the next topic.
- See that the main (richtext) widget of the topic browser *also* processed the cursor down because it scrolled down one line.

Even stranger things happen when you press page down while the tree has the keyboard focus: The keyboard focus indication disappears and the richtext gets scrolled.

And there is more: Scroll down a topic in the richtext window a bit. Now start pressing page-up. It first scrolls up by pages. Once it reaches the top of the richtext, the tree gets the keyboard focus in the last line of the tree. If the last line of the tree points to a topic, then the current topic is changed to that one. Just because you pressed page-up.

I don't know if this has any connection with the "feature" that several tree and list widgets in the TheIde are unable to get the keyboard focus. For example the Assist Browser (Ctrl-B). I would like that to receive keyboard focus so that I can use my keyboard for scrolling through the methods or classes displayed there.

There is one more thing that is probably not a bug but annoys me. Here is how to reproduce it: You expand the tree by opening every group. Now click on the first topic, and try to go through every topic by pressing the cursor down. There is one magical topic (CtrlLib Widgets) that moves the keyboard focus up 6 lines once you reach it. So you can not use the cursor to go to a topic after that one. Annoying.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 May 2006 03:34] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: topic browser bug [message #613 is a reply to message #612] Thu, 19 January 2006 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Thanks. Topic++ needs revisiting and better connection with Assist++. At that phase, I will fix as much as possible... (but I am not sure when that phase is likely to become - Draw refactoring now seems to be a roadblock that has to be resolved ASAP...)
Re: topic browser bug [message #628 is a reply to message #612] Sun, 22 January 2006 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Fixed.

Mirek
Re: topic browser bug [message #629 is a reply to message #612] Sun, 22 January 2006 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thanks very much. Here is an other bug in TheIde. I am using a version compiled from uvs 7 days ago. Some icons on the main toolbar have a tendency to multiply. I am able to reproduce the icon duplication with this steps: Use Alt-C (Copy as definition), minimize the window, restore the window.

Apart from this bug, I think that the separator in the beginning of the toolbar should not be there.
index.php?t=getfile&id=41&private=0

Re: topic browser bug [message #630 is a reply to message #629] Sun, 22 January 2006 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Fixed.
Re: topic browser bug [message #633 is a reply to message #612] Mon, 23 January 2006 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thanks, that was fast! I synched, compiled and now works OK. Cool Out of curiousity I tried to find and look at the specific differences in the code where these bugs were fixed. I reviewed every changed file which seemed to be a good candidate for the fix location, but did not find the fixes. Could you be so kind help me: which files were changed to fix these (topic browser & toolbar) errors?
Re: topic browser bug [message #638 is a reply to message #633] Mon, 23 January 2006 10:30 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
ide/idebar.cpp

there was used "toolbar" instead of "bar"....
Previous Topic: Topic browser wishes [FEATURE REQUEST]
Next Topic: parenthesis highlight with escape characters between and wrong comments highlighting [BUGS][FIXED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:11:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01308 seconds