Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » What is VectorDes?
What is VectorDes? [message #8115] Sat, 10 February 2007 07:15 Go to next message
mobilehunter is currently offline  mobilehunter
Hi Mirek,

First forgive me if i put at wrong forum Smile

I looked at Ultimate++ source and found VectorDes code, and has DragDropCtrl.
My Questions are:
1. What is this VectorDes? Is this compileable? Found error while compiling around VectorObj.h
2. Is DragDropCtrl a Drag N Drop implementation for example dropping some files to window?

Thanks
Reza
Re: What is VectorDes? [message #8116 is a reply to message #8115] Sat, 10 February 2007 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mobilehunter wrote on Sat, 10 February 2007 01:15

Hi Mirek,

First forgive me if i put at wrong forum Smile

I looked at Ultimate++ source and found VectorDes code, and has DragDropCtrl.
My Questions are:
1. What is this VectorDes? Is this compileable? Found error while compiling around VectorObj.h
2. Is DragDropCtrl a Drag N Drop implementation for example dropping some files to window?

Thanks
Reza

Not sure in what U++ version you have found it Smile

VectorDes is abandoned piece of code. If it is still in U++ major release, it is a bug in release system.

It was intended as complement to RichEdit to design vector images. Maybe later we will reintroduce it in some better form.

AFAIK DragDropCtrl works within single application only.

I believe that for dropping files from windows manager to your application you do not need anything complicated, just override WindowProc and implement message handlers.

Mirek

Re: What is VectorDes? [message #8117 is a reply to message #8116] Sat, 10 February 2007 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mobilehunter is currently offline  mobilehunter
I think i found inside 2007.1 beta3.
Re: What is VectorDes? [message #8123 is a reply to message #8115] Sun, 11 February 2007 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
When I first saw Ultimate++ I 'discovered' VectorDes and wondered why it wasn't publicized on the site, I didn't thought that many others had such a feature. I'm a little sad about its disappear. Sad

Anyway, I found a little strange that the editor is separated form laydes. In the future could you consider joining them? It could be a nice way to design eyecandy (and light) applications.
Re: What is VectorDes? [message #8133 is a reply to message #8123] Sun, 11 February 2007 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
waxblood wrote on Sun, 11 February 2007 05:49

Anyway, I found a little strange that the editor is separated form laydes. In the future could you consider joining them? It could be a nice way to design eyecandy (and light) applications.

Interesting idea....

Mirek
Re: What is VectorDes? [message #41158 is a reply to message #8116] Thu, 07 November 2013 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dsonophorus is currently offline  Dsonophorus
Hi Mirek,

I may not have the latest version of U++. The version I have is win32 5485 taken from http://sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/

In it there are references to TDraw and TCtrlLib (do a find in files on the uppsrc dir) which look like dev branches that are incomplete and refer to DragDropCtrl. I checked nightly build 6532 and the DragDropCtrl the references are in that as well.

Your code is art Mirek, thanks for all the hard work!
Re: What is VectorDes? [message #41159 is a reply to message #41158] Thu, 07 November 2013 10:03 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Please, ignore TDraw and TCtrlLib. Those are obsolete now.

Mirek
Previous Topic: [QUESTION] Should ChGTK emulate SColorMenuMark?
Next Topic: [BUG] Ctrl::GetDefaultWindowRect on X11 dosen't recognize multi monitor mode.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:24:38 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01640 seconds