Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3
icon4.gif  experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8168] Tue, 13 February 2007 22:15 Go to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
attached is an experimental Gentoo ebuild for upp-2007.1_beta3.

A couple of notes:

This ebuild does not pass repoman due to the size of the replacement ide/Makefile which has been copied into the files directory. The ide/Makefile also needs a bunch more cleaning up to remove the hard-coded X11 includes and libraries. I am trying to do this without having to resort to generating full automake/autoconf makefiles.

The beta3 ebuild installs into /opt/upp to keep from cluttering up /usr (this will change once the portage overlay is stable).

Untar the attached portage overlay and follow the couple of instructions in the upp-porate/Notes file.

It is still rough, but with any luck should build rather easily.

Happy compiling Wink

EBo --

[edit: removed upp-portage tarball -- please download from sourceforge.net]

[Updated on: Wed, 21 March 2007 15:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8606 is a reply to message #8168] Wed, 21 March 2007 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
Thank for the great job. It compiles and installs painless. But after emerging it, I wasn't able to locate theide, if it's not theide, what command should I use to bring up the IDE?

Thanks for your help.
Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8610 is a reply to message #8606] Wed, 21 March 2007 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I'm double checking to make sure that everything works. Unfortunately this will take awhile...

As part of the portage build, U++ adds an env file currently defined as /etc/env.d/60upp. This file sets up the environmental variables, etc. When U++ installed in /opt/upp this made setting up the path and everything else automatic, and I decided to keep it around to add any variables U++ needs for proper definition. So, assuming that the build went as planned, you should only have had to run env-update, and source /etc/profile (or simply reboot). As I said it will take me a little while to remove it and reemerge it from scratch so I know for sure that everything is working OK.

I'll post back later with my findings.

EBo --
Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8611 is a reply to message #8610] Wed, 21 March 2007 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Also, I have since posted updates to sourceforge.net < http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=93970& amp;package_id=99841&release_id=491734>

Also try running "upp" as well as "theide" They should be symbolically linked.

More later,

EBo --
Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8614 is a reply to message #8611] Wed, 21 March 2007 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Ok... I made a couple of changes and will post the new upp-portage tree (upp-2007.1_rc3-r1) as soon as I rebuild it one more to test. Look for it on sourceforge.net.

EBo --
Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8628 is a reply to message #8614] Wed, 21 March 2007 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Great. I really like to see how ultimate++ works in Linux.

Thank you for your effort.
Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8631 is a reply to message #8628] Thu, 22 March 2007 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Were you able to download and compile upp?

EBo --
Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8641 is a reply to message #8631] Thu, 22 March 2007 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Yes. It emerged without even a warning. And I finally have theide now.

But when I run it, it complains 'upp' directory not found, and open with no packages(a blank ide with no example, tutorials, etc). But the ide is obviously up and good.

Thank you!

Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8643 is a reply to message #8641] Thu, 22 March 2007 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
I touched a GCC.bm in /usr/share/upp and that problem is gone.

But it same to have some encoding problem. I am using utf-8, the theide editor shows all bad characters.

Anyway, it's another problem.

Thank you for the great work.
Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8646 is a reply to message #8643] Thu, 22 March 2007 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hmmm... I thought I GCC.bm was included in the source tree... I'll have to look into it. I will likely include one in the dev-lang/upp/files directory and make a copy if it does not already exist. If the file is expected to be there then it should either be built by the build system or be included in the source tree.

Hmmm....

EBo --

ps: attached is my copy of GCC.bm. As a note I see why I did not have these problems myself -- I had already installed a previous version of U++, and it built my personal package directory with a copy of uppsrc. This is where upp apearently found it's copy of GCC.bm.

• Attachment: GCC.bm
    (Size: 0.34KB, Downloaded 370 times)
Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8650 is a reply to message #8646] Thu, 22 March 2007 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
BTW,

Look for an update <upp-portage-2007.1_rc3-r2> on sourceforge.net later in the day... It take awhile to test these changes on my laptop (especially when I have to make sure I blow everything EXCEPT MY WORK PROJECTS away to do a clean install).

EBo --
Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8651 is a reply to message #8650] Thu, 22 March 2007 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Ok...

Now that I have cleaned everything out, the first-time install does not properly set up for new users.

I have removed the files in ~/.theide ~/.ide ~/upp. Also, all files should have been removed from /usr/share/upp and /usr/bin/theide...

I'll take a look into it more tonight, but any pointers would be appreciated on what programs, etc., actually do the install for new users.

Best regards,

EBo --
Re: experimental Gentoo ebuild for beta3 [message #8658 is a reply to message #8651] Thu, 22 March 2007 20:53 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
I had a bit of a break and fixed the GCC.bm install problem.

Please find upp-portage-2007.1_rc2-r2.zip on sourceforge.

EBo --
Previous Topic: segfault while starting theide
Next Topic: Comment lines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:50:44 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01778 seconds