Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » Building with LSB-SDK
Building with LSB-SDK [message #8209] Mon, 19 February 2007 16:23 Go to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
Hi!

I try to build with the SDK for LSB-3.1 (Linux Standard Base).
The lsb-sdk is a set of headers and libraries installed in its own hierarchy in /opt/lsb. It covers gtk and qt with its assorted dependencies (glibc, libstdc++, libX11...).
The sdk also provides gcc wrappers lsbcc/lsbc++.

I entered /opt/lsb/bin/lsbc++ as compiler in "build methods".
That worked fine, but then it didn't find gtk headers for building chameleon.

I entered /opt/lsb/include/gtk-2.0 in INCLUDE field, but it didn't work. Also I was unsure, what kind of list it expects, space separated, colon, comma?

Building against the lsb sandbox is the way for ISVs on Linux. All else is gambling and likely to break sooner or later. So this is vital for upp to support properly and conviently.

Guido
Re: Building with LSB-SDK [message #8260 is a reply to message #8209] Fri, 23 February 2007 22:54 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
guido wrote on Mon, 19 February 2007 10:23

I try to build with the SDK for LSB-3.1 (Linux Standard Base).

A really good idea...

Quote:

I entered /opt/lsb/bin/lsbc++ as compiler in "build methods".

lsbc++ should be enough if it is on the PATH.

Quote:

I entered /opt/lsb/include/gtk-2.0 in INCLUDE field, but it didn't work. Also I was unsure, what kind of list it expects, space separated, colon, comma?

';' separated if you must, but generally just add another line. In fact, ';' separated paths are broken to lines anyway. (I hope we are speaking about Build method).

Quote:

Building against the lsb sandbox is the way for ISVs on Linux. All else is gambling and likely to break sooner or later. So this is vital for upp to support properly and conviently.

Yes, I understand. Thank you for trying.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Why glibc-2.4 and not glibc-2.3 is needed for U++ on Linux?
Next Topic: WenCE questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:41:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00914 seconds