Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Associate with *.c files
Associate with *.c files [message #8711] Mon, 26 March 2007 20:36 Go to next message
_Seven_ is currently offline  _Seven_
Hi all! I would like so see the U++ associate with files would be nice. Taking a .c file, cliking on it and U++ open the .c file, when i try to do this association (on Windows XP), i do a double click on a *.c file U++ opens but opens without the file.
It's a feature included in the ToDo list?

Sorry if it is a repeated topic.
Cya guys Wink
Re: Associate with *.c files [message #8780 is a reply to message #8711] Thu, 29 March 2007 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
_Seven_ wrote on Mon, 26 March 2007 14:36

Hi all! I would like so see the U++ associate with files would be nice. Taking a .c file, cliking on it and U++ open the .c file, when i try to do this association (on Windows XP), i do a double click on a *.c file U++ opens but opens without the file.
It's a feature included in the ToDo list?

Sorry if it is a repeated topic.
Cya guys Wink

No, this is the first time.

I guess the reason is that U++ is about complex projects. Opening single C file is not very helpful there...

Mirek
Re: Associate with *.c files [message #8784 is a reply to message #8780] Fri, 30 March 2007 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Thu, 29 March 2007 14:49

I guess the reason is that U++ is about complex projects. Opening single C file is not very helpful there...
Mirek

I don't need it too, but TheIde could ask if add this file to the current project or if to create the new empty project with this file as main file.

Re: Associate with *.c files [message #8785 is a reply to message #8784] Fri, 30 March 2007 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
unodgs wrote on Fri, 30 March 2007 01:27

luzr wrote on Thu, 29 March 2007 14:49

Mirek

I don't need it too, but TheIde could ask if add this file to the current project or if to create the new empty project with this file as main file.

Hm, so I will have to study how associations are made after all? Smile

Mirek
Re: Associate with *.c files [message #8786 is a reply to message #8785] Fri, 30 March 2007 11:52 Go to previous message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Fri, 30 March 2007 04:12

Hm, so I will have to study how associations are made after all? Smile
Mirek

Well, yes Smile I can send you a code from ultimate player, but it works only in xp, in vista everything changed... Unfortunately I don't know how to make associations in gnome and kde.. I think it would be great if this was wrraped in some nice class and become part of upp. Such "System" class could also solve problems with single instance of application and passing parameters between apilications. This is a cross-platfrm problem so it's worth considering solving it.
Previous Topic: Errors Compiling *Please Help*
Next Topic: how to clear <temp-aux>
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:00:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02252 seconds