Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » orphaned GCC.bm and differing source tree after upgrade
orphaned GCC.bm and differing source tree after upgrade [message #8736] Wed, 28 March 2007 17:38 Go to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
I've bumped my head on an issue that we might want to discuss for later enhancements -- how to deal with differences between /usr/share/upp/*source_files* and the copy that was made to ~/upp/.

One of the problems I had came about by upgrading U++ and ended up having different versions of U++ sources from what TheIDE and my programs used for compiling the basic libraries and packages. Since I have a copy of the upp sources in ~/upp/, it uses them, but these common files do not appear to be updated when I upgrade upp.

I can envision scenarios where this is a very good thing, but in others it could cause problems.

Am I missing something, or was this intended behavior?

EBo --
Re: orphaned GCC.bm and differing source tree after upgrade [message #8738 is a reply to message #8736] Wed, 28 March 2007 17:48 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Wed, 28 March 2007 11:38

I've bumped my head on an issue that we might want to discuss for later enhancements -- how to deal with differences between /usr/share/upp/*source_files* and the copy that was made to ~/upp/.

One of the problems I had came about by upgrading U++ and ended up having different versions of U++ sources from what TheIDE and my programs used for compiling the basic libraries and packages. Since I have a copy of the upp sources in ~/upp/, it uses them, but these common files do not appear to be updated when I upgrade upp.

I can envision scenarios where this is a very good thing, but in others it could cause problems.

Am I missing something, or was this intended behavior?

EBo --

I must admit that I have not yet realized what is the right solution to this problem. The problem is that in U++, the line between "library" and "my sources" is very thin.

Putting "final" U++ sources to /usr/share/upp is just the least wrong solution:)

Mirek
Previous Topic: linux-pendrive and Upp
Next Topic: Computer crashed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:10:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02029 seconds