Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp 2007.1rc5 released
Re: Upp 2007.1rc5 released [message #8901 is a reply to message #8899] Fri, 06 April 2007 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
guido wrote on Thu, 05 April 2007 19:40

luzr wrote on Fri, 06 April 2007 01:01

It might be possible that the SplitterFrame got stored the wrong value into config file. Either try to move the splittler or delete confing file (in .theide dir).

Mirek

Indeed Smile

But I just noticed I can do funky things with the project directory view's splitter. I can drag any number of splitters inside the frame, like on the attached screenshot. They are gone by the next refresh and can not be moved once released, so it is quite harmless.

Guido

Interesting. Looks like repainting bug (this lines are to set number of columns; they should disappear when mouse is left).

I have briefly tested with ubuntu feisty / gnome, no problem. Any hints what could be different?

MIrek
Re: Upp 2007.1rc5 released [message #8902 is a reply to message #8901] Fri, 06 April 2007 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Maybe he use an old version of compiz or beryl?
Re: Upp 2007.1rc5 released [message #8903 is a reply to message #8902] Fri, 06 April 2007 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
unodgs wrote on Fri, 06 April 2007 05:19

That is quite unlikely - the "method" is repaint the line area after mouse-up (without the line, of course). Not sure how Beryl could influence this...

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1rc5 released [message #8905 is a reply to message #8903] Fri, 06 April 2007 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Fri, 06 April 2007 12:39

That is quite unlikely - the "method" is repaint the line area after mouse-up (without the line, of course). Not sure how Beryl could influence this...

Mirek

Well, I tried under xfce4 and there behaviour is somewhat different. The line stays, when I release the button, but I can't draw multiple lines. When I drag the splitter again, the first line disappears. The screen-shot was with the not so popular EDE/edewm. I know this wm does have issues, but xfce on the other hand is quite big - a million users, or so I've heard. No. 3 X11-desktop for certain.

The splitter line is supposed to disappear, as soon as I release the mouse button on it? If this is the intended behaviour, I suspect it works by coincidence/side-effect only, in the setups where it actually works that way. It COULD be window-manager bug. But xfce is wide-spread enough that I don't think so.
I wouldn't want the release delayed further because of that. But we should track that down. Maybe you are relying on some obscure or recent feature, non-ubiquitious. Any idea which is the window-manager hint in question?

Guido
Re: Upp 2007.1rc5 released [message #8906 is a reply to message #8905] Fri, 06 April 2007 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
guido wrote on Fri, 06 April 2007 13:33

luzr wrote on Fri, 06 April 2007 12:39

Mirek

Well, I tried under xfce4 and there behaviour is somewhat different. The line stays, when I release the button, but I can't draw multiple lines. When I drag the splitter again, the first line disappears. The screen-shot was with the not so popular EDE/edewm. I know this wm does have issues, but xfce on the other hand is quite big - a million users, or so I've heard. No. 3 X11-desktop for certain.

The splitter line is supposed to disappear, as soon as I release the mouse button on it?
Guido

Well, it is a little bit more complicated:

First of all, it is not exactly the splitter line Smile It is just indication that you are changing the number of columns. This "indication" is drawn as light-cyan line.

Then there also is a graphical black line that separates columns. In fact, this line can be equal to "indicator" if indicator is at "exact position" - as we are setting a number of columns, only certain positions are allowed...

So if what you see as remaining is a black line, everyting is OK.

It is however rather strange as WM bug either...

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1rc5 released [message #8907 is a reply to message #8906] Fri, 06 April 2007 22:11 Go to previous message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
What are the known remaining issues for a 2007.1 release?

EBo --
Previous Topic: Upp 2007.1rc4 released
Next Topic: Mediawiki installed...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:13:48 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02206 seconds