FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Simple plugin framework
Simple plugin framework [message #8848] Tue, 03 April 2007 17:30 Go to next message
victorb is currently offline  victorb
I have implemented a simple plugin framework for one of my application. The code compiles and runs on Windows. I have included some support for other platform but it has not been tested.

On the plugin side:
Plugins are dynamic libraries which implement a class I<Plugin> that must inherit from IAddOn.

Plugin libraries must export a Start() function and shall export a Stop() function.

On the host side:
AddOnLoader<I<Plugin>> is used to load plugins and manipulate them. You can load a single plugin or a directory recursively.

Do not hesitate to post feedback (especially if you test on any other platform than Windows).

Thanks,
Victor
  • Attachment: AddOn.zip
    (Size: 6.51KB, Downloaded 412 times)
Re: Simple plugin framework [message #8913 is a reply to message #8848] Sat, 07 April 2007 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
AddOnLoader.cpp is empty?!

Mirek
Re: Simple plugin framework [message #8914 is a reply to message #8913] Sat, 07 April 2007 08:19 Go to previous message
victorb is currently offline  victorb
In fact everything is in the .h file... I should have removed the .cpp. It was there because I had some issue at the beginning with .h file only packages.

One thing I forgot to mention: This plugin framework will really become usable once you can link Upp as shared libs.

As of now Upp is linked as a static lib with both the host and the plugins... not really efficient nor safe. I am working on making it possible.

Previous Topic: New UPT: Standard Application
Next Topic: callback4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:06:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02354 seconds