Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Computer crashed
Computer crashed [message #8949] Mon, 09 April 2007 18:39 Go to next message
jimmygyuma is currently offline  jimmygyuma
Promising Member
I do personal programming only and have been looking for something to replace my VC++6, Qt lashup. Tried wxPython, too slow. wxDev-C++, the debugger is the pits. Yesterday I stumbled across U++ and downloaded it immediately.
This morning I fired it up, did the PromptOK("Hello World"); bit, the blank window. the decorated window, and was typing in the 'Magenta Hello World' thing, when my computer crashed. Even though I've downloaded a lot of questionable programs and written even more myself, that is a rare event. I got the blue screen and when I got it restarted, this was the explanation:

RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated im memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX
occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

Anybody recognize this? Please let it be a passing glitch, I desparately need a new programming system.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 April 2007 18:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Computer crashed [message #8950 is a reply to message #8949] Mon, 09 April 2007 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
jimmygyuma wrote on Mon, 09 April 2007 12:39

RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated im memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX
occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

Anybody recognize this?

No. Moreover, U++ does not install anything outside its directory (except record for uninstallation in registry) and does not uses any ocx controls.

Have not you installed some other application recently?

According to this link
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/dlllibrary/h hctrl/

it is Windows help related, but U++ is not using Windows help either...

Mirek
Re: Computer crashed [message #8951 is a reply to message #8950] Mon, 09 April 2007 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
P.S.:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/RTHDCPL.EXE-13554.h tml

Anything about sound?

Mirek
Re: Computer crashed [message #8952 is a reply to message #8949] Mon, 09 April 2007 19:38 Go to previous message
jimmygyuma is currently offline  jimmygyuma
Promising Member
No, nothing involving sound. Windows help...umm..
I was using TheIDE at the time, but I had several other programs open, it really could have been anything I guess.
When I restarted U++ it had lost my last little bit of typing, but otherwise everything seems to be working okay.
I naturally suspected U++ because I had just downloaded it yesterday and was using it at the time, but yes, I have downloaded other programs recently. As I said I'm looking for a new programming system and I have downloaded all kinds of stuff ... it's a wonder the thing runs at all.
Thanks. Let's all just 'move forward' undaunted.
Previous Topic: orphaned GCC.bm and differing source tree after upgrade
Next Topic: "Anonymous Coward"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:03:18 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04900 seconds