FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp 2007.1 released
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9012 is a reply to message #9010] Thu, 12 April 2007 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
lundman wrote on Thu, 12 April 2007 11:50

Applications/Utilities/Disk Util

File/New/Disk Image from Folder

Done.

Smile

Wonderfull!
I plan to use this procedure very soon after I'm able to get a MacOSX computer.
Luigi
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9013 is a reply to message #9003] Thu, 12 April 2007 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Wed, 11 April 2007 13:51

Overall I think too many living versions are not a very good idea, it may be quite confusing in forums and support.

I agree.

In fact, in this respect, "development" proved to be a double-edged sword. It is excellent for having everything tested soon, but it got us lazy about releasing "majors".

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9018 is a reply to message #9013] Thu, 12 April 2007 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
mr_ped wrote on Wed, 11 April 2007 13:51

Overall I think too many living versions are not a very good idea, it may be quite confusing in forums and support.

I agree. What I had in mind and I was brainstorming above is how to deal with supporting projects that in essence uses legacy code in the same IDE. If we set up a CVS/SVN/etc. tree with branch tags, we can use those as what I have been calling named slots. From there the package organizer would have to know what slot/branch tag is being compiled against (uploading if necessary). The same mechanism would allow the developers to set up special branch tags or aliases for LIVE, CURRENT-STABLE, CURRENT-DEVEL, as well as upp-605-stable.

Just some thoughts following on from which at this point has gotten WAY off Topic Wink

luzr wrote on Thu, 12 April 2007 07:36

I agree.

In fact, in this respect, "development" proved to be a double-edged sword. It is excellent for having everything tested soon, but it got us lazy about releasing "majors".

How about starting a list of things that you or others want to see for the next revision/release? That way as we tick off the tasks we know when it is reasonable to call for a new release/revision. anything else that made it in is gravy, and if there has been WAY tom many minor changes but the revision issues are not resolved, then maybe it can be called a subrevision or the remaining issues can be put off to the next cycle Wink

Just some thoughts...

EBo --

Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9028 is a reply to message #8980] Fri, 13 April 2007 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolti1 is currently offline  zsolti1
im developing a solitaire program
after upgrading to 2007.1 moving cards became slow
its done in mousemove(), setting the new coordinate of the card then calling Refresh()
this worked fine in previous versions (i think is used 2007.1beta3 before)
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9029 is a reply to message #9028] Fri, 13 April 2007 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
zsolti1 wrote on Fri, 13 April 2007 05:43

im developing a solitaire program
after upgrading to 2007.1 moving cards became slow
its done in mousemove(), setting the new coordinate of the card then calling Refresh()
this worked fine in previous versions (i think is used 2007.1beta3 before)

Do you think you could upload your application for the review of problem?

What is your platform? (OS, and in this case, HW?)

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9066 is a reply to message #8980] Mon, 16 April 2007 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolti1 is currently offline  zsolti1
windows version works fine, and now under xubuntu too, after i installed the nvidia driver (i think that solved it).
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9068 is a reply to message #9066] Mon, 16 April 2007 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
zsolti1 wrote on Mon, 16 April 2007 07:01

windows version works fine, and now under xubuntu too, after i installed the nvidia driver (i think that solved it).

So it was unrelated to U++ version?

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9112 is a reply to message #8980] Wed, 18 April 2007 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
I have Xubuntu 6.10
bunch of problems, here

a) deb package misses to install gdb, so when upp is asked to debug a program it correctly tells it had an error invoking gdb, but after that it exits immediately.

b) If I try to run reference/Paint it fails this assertion

Executing: "/home/da/upp/out/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/Paint"
Assertion failed in /home/da/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp, line 372
i >= 0 && i < 4

When I try to debug it when upp encounters the problem it doesn't go to the error line, it only displays the assembly trace. Is it normal? The function copy backtrace copies a void string, too (the disass copy works)

FFFFE400 push ecx
FFFFE401 push edx
FFFFE402 push ebp
FFFFE403 mov ebp,esp <-- here is the problem
FFFFE405 sysenter
FFFFE407 nop
FFFFE408 nop
FFFFE409 nop
FFFFE40A nop
FFFFE40B nop
FFFFE40C nop
FFFFE40D nop
FFFFE40E jmp 0xFFFFE403
FFFFE410 pop ebp
FFFFE411 pop edx
FFFFE412 pop ecx
FFFFE413 ret
FFFFE414 nop
FFFFE415 nop
FFFFE416 nop
FFFFE417 nop
FFFFE418 nop
FFFFE419 nop
FFFFE41A nop
FFFFE41B nop
FFFFE41C nop
FFFFE41D nop
FFFFE41E nop
FFFFE41F nop

------------------------------------
c) Keys to set bookmarks don't work. I have an italian keyboard.
When pressing Control + Shift + 0 I get this in AK Setup
Ctrl+Shift+[=]
When pressing Control + Shift + x (x is a number bar 0) I get
Ctrl+Shift+1002x

Please make this work or let user set his own bookmark keys otherwise working in Linux without bookmarks is gonna be hard...

d) well, this is not a real problem, but on Linux I really like the middle-click paste after selection, and I miss it a lot in upp...

Ciao,
David

Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9136 is a reply to message #9112] Wed, 18 April 2007 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
waxblood wrote on Wed, 18 April 2007 00:27

b) If I try to run reference/Paint it fails this assertion

Executing: "/home/da/upp/out/GCC.Debug.Gui.Shared.So/Paint"
Assertion failed in /home/da/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp, line 372
i >= 0 && i < 4

I can confirm this bug.
Apparently you are the first Linux user to try the Paint example Very Happy

What happens is, that DrawEllipse() defaults to Null for the pen size. Null = INT_MIN = -2^31. This Value then gets passed to void Draw::SetLineStyle(int width), which can not handle it.

Some if(IsNull()) statement missing in SetLineStyle()?
Does upp not use the default pen on Windows in this case, or how has that gone amiss?

Guido
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9137 is a reply to message #9136] Wed, 18 April 2007 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Thank you. Fixes:

void Draw::DrawEllipseOp(const Rect& r, Color color, int pen, Color pencolor)
{
	DrawLock __;
	SetLineStyle(pen);
	if(!IsNull(color)) {
		SetForeground(color);
		XFillArc(Xdisplay, dw, gc, r.left + actual_offset.x, r.top + actual_offset.y,
			r.Width() - 1, r.Height() - 1, 0, 360 * 64);
	}
	if(!IsNull(pencolor) && !IsNull(pen)) {
		SetForeground(pencolor);
		XDrawArc(Xdisplay, dw, gc, r.left + actual_offset.x, r.top + actual_offset.y,
			r.Width() - 1, r.Height() - 1, 0, 360 * 64);
	}
}

void Draw::SetLineStyle(int width)
{
	DrawLock __;
	if(IsDrawing()) return;
	if(width == linewidth) return;
	linewidth = width;
	if(IsNull(width))
		width = 1;
	if(width < PEN_SOLID) {
		static const char dash[] = { 18, 6 };
		static const char dot[] = { 3, 3 };
		static const char dashdot[] = { 9, 6, 3, 6 };
		static const char dashdotdot[] = { 9, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 };
		static struct {
			const char *dash;
			int   len;
		} ds[] = {
			dash, __countof(dash),
			dot, __countof(dot),
			dashdot, __countof(dashdot),
			dashdotdot, __countof(dashdotdot)
		};
		int i = -(width - PEN_DASH);
		ASSERT(i >= 0 && i < 4);
		XSetDashes(Xdisplay, gc, 0, ds[i].dash, ds[i].len);
	}
	XSetLineAttributes(Xdisplay, gc, max(width, 1),
	                   width < PEN_SOLID ? LineOnOffDash : LineSolid, CapRound, JoinRound);
}

Hm, maybe we can keep the system simple: I will accumulate critical patches here and perhaps we can make something like 2007.1a based on them when they reach some critical mass... (means, somebody will apply them to 2007.1 sources).

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9140 is a reply to message #9136] Wed, 18 April 2007 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
guido wrote on Wed, 18 April 2007 11:24

I can confirm this bug.

Guido

Paint example? What paint example? Did you mean the Scribble or imageview examples? I get the feeling that I'm missing something here...

EBo --
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9148 is a reply to message #9140] Wed, 18 April 2007 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Wed, 18 April 2007 15:53

guido wrote on Wed, 18 April 2007 11:24

I can confirm this bug.

Guido

Paint example? What paint example? Did you mean the Scribble or imageview examples? I get the feeling that I'm missing something here...

EBo --

reference/Paint

It is the only example that paints Ellipse:)

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9158 is a reply to message #9148] Thu, 19 April 2007 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I'll have to take a look at that...

I have a project where I have to display a bunch of minimally processed data (preferably in real-time). I was able to spawn gnuplot to do some of the processing and display and am considering rewriting the GUI interface for it using U++ (so that I can embed a bunch of the functionality). I'm waffling back and forth with simply transliterating the old programs Pascal code or going the gnuplot route... The paint code example might just give me a leag upp Wink

EBo --
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9165 is a reply to message #9158] Thu, 19 April 2007 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guido is currently offline  guido
Experienced Member
ebojd wrote on Thu, 19 April 2007 16:19

I have a project where I have to display a bunch of minimally processed data (preferably in real-time). I was able to spawn gnuplot to do some of the processing and display and am considering rewriting the GUI interface for it using U++ (so that I can embed a bunch of the functionality). I'm waffling back and forth with simply transliterating the old programs Pascal code or going the gnuplot route... The paint code example might just give me a leag upp Wink

May I suggest Andrei Catalin's Scatter Control?

Guido
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9169 is a reply to message #9165] Thu, 19 April 2007 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

> May I suggest Andrei Catalin's Scatter Control?

Thanks. I missed that one!

That gets me to thinking though... Maybe we could set up a "contrib" assemblage to distribute these examples as non-supported contributed source Wink

EBo --
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9188 is a reply to message #9169] Fri, 20 April 2007 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Thu, 19 April 2007 15:58

> May I suggest Andrei Catalin's Scatter Control?

Thanks. I missed that one!

That gets me to thinking though... Maybe we could set up a "contrib" assemblage to distribute these examples as non-supported contributed source Wink

EBo --

I am thinking about it for a long time; never really got to that. I thought about "Bazaar" forum group divided into "snippets"/"packages"/"applications"/"examples" or something like this....

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9201 is a reply to message #9188] Fri, 20 April 2007 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I had a few moments to start playing around with Scatter and found that I could not set any breakpoints with the debugger. Has anyone else see this behaviour?

The error reported back is:
b <path to sourcefile>/Scatter.cpp:909
no source file named <path to sourcefile>/Scatter.cpp

The source file does exist at the specified location, but GDB cannot find it. Did something break in 2007.1 on in the patches that were posted? I'm rebuilding u++ without the additional patches. I'll report back just in case one of the patches is the culprit.

EBo --
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9208 is a reply to message #9201] Sun, 22 April 2007 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Build with "Full debug info" - usually that is the problem.

Actually, this is sort of stupid and funny at the same time.

The trouble is that with debug info enabled, the most common Linux - Ubuntu, has broken "ld" and linking with debug info takes minutes. Therefore full debug info is disabled by default.

Mirek
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9241 is a reply to message #9208] Mon, 23 April 2007 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Sun, 22 April 2007 01:29

Build with "Full debug info" - usually that is the problem.

Actually, this is sort of stupid and funny at the same time.

The trouble is that with debug info enabled, the most common Linux - Ubuntu, has broken "ld" and linking with debug info takes minutes. Therefore full debug info is disabled by default.

Mirek

Thanks. The thing that threw me was that it was working before the update (so something that I did violated the law of unintended consequences Wink I'll have to play with it some more since much of my focus over the weekend was spent on diagnosing a potentially dieing laptop 8-(

One of the things I tried was to add a "-g" to the debug options. I do not know if that is what made the difference or what yet...

EBo --
Re: Upp 2007.1 released [message #9313 is a reply to message #8980] Thu, 26 April 2007 14:19 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
One more patch:

IconDec/Image.cpp

void IconDes::SmoothRescale()
{
	if(!IsCurrent())
		return;
	WithRescaleLayout<TopWindow> dlg;
	CtrlLayoutOKCancel(dlg, "Rescale");
	dlg.cx <<= dlg.cy <<= dlg.Breaker();
	Slot& c = Current();
	BeginTransform();
	Image bk = IsPasting() ? c.paste_image : c.image;
	dlg.cx <<= bk.GetWidth();
	dlg.cy <<= bk.GetHeight();
	dlg.keep <<= true;
	for(;;) {
		Size sz(minmax((int)~dlg.cx, 1, 9999), minmax((int)~dlg.cy, 1, 9999));
		if(IsPasting()) {
			c.paste_image = Rescale(bk, sz);
			MakePaste();
		}
		else {
			c.image = Rescale(bk, sz);
			Refresh();
		}
		SyncImage();
		SyncShow();
		switch(dlg.Run()) {
		case IDCANCEL:
			if(IsPasting()) {
				c.paste_image = bk;
				MakePaste();
			}
			else {
				c.image = bk;
				Refresh();
			}
			SyncImage();
			SyncShow();
			return;
		case IDOK:
			return;
		}
		if(dlg.keep) {
			if(dlg.cx.HasFocus() && bk.GetWidth() > 0)
				dlg.cy <<= (int)~dlg.cx * bk.GetHeight() / bk.GetWidth();
			if(dlg.cy.HasFocus() && bk.GetHeight() > 0)
				dlg.cx <<= (int)~dlg.cy * bk.GetWidth() / bk.GetHeight();
		}
	}
}

(Otherwise there is crash when Cancel button is pressed).

Mirek
Previous Topic: Mediawiki installed...
Next Topic: Upp 704-dev1 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:25:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01041 seconds