Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » OS X Aqua look and feel?
OS X Aqua look and feel? [message #9117] Wed, 18 April 2007 10:30 Go to next message
aschoem is currently offline  aschoem
I am new to Ultimate++ and have tested the Windows version so far. I have read that you are now working on a Carbonized OS X version. I have two questions concerning OS X version:

1) Do you have an idea when the Carbon port will be available?

2) Will the Carbon version have native "Aqua" look and feel? What I mean is: will the basic widgets like buttons, menus and so on not only be rendered identical but also have identical animation effects like "pulsing" buttons, "rotating" progress bars? In other words: how perfect will the imitation be? Or does Ultimate++ actually use the native widgets without imitation like in WxWidgets?

Andreas
Re: OS X Aqua look and feel? [message #9123 is a reply to message #9117] Wed, 18 April 2007 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
[quote title=aschoem wrote on Wed, 18 April 2007 04:30]I am new to Ultimate++ and have tested the Windows version so far. I have read that you are now working on a Carbonized OS X version. I have two questions concerning OS X version:

1) Do you have an idea when the Carbon port will be available?
[quote]

Hard to tell. Right now, struggling to do DrawRect on window content area. Mind you, wee need to learn Carbon on the way....

Quote:

2) Will the Carbon version have native "Aqua" look and feel? What I mean is: will the basic widgets like buttons, menus and so on not only be rendered identical but also have identical animation effects like "pulsing" buttons, "rotating" progress bars?

We will try to do our best. I guess MacOS X makes it easier, as it looks like it support just two possible appearances...

Quote:

In other words: how perfect will the imitation be?

Generally, we try to match Firefox....

Quote:

Or does Ultimate++ actually use the native widgets without imitation like in WxWidgets?

No. It is more like Qt/Firefox/OpenOffice.

(It is much harder to do cross-platform this way and for U++, it is also required to support its way of doing things...).

Mirek
Re: OS X Aqua look and feel? [message #9127 is a reply to message #9123] Wed, 18 April 2007 12:25 Go to previous message
aschoem is currently offline  aschoem
I see.

I like Ultimate++ from what I've seen so far. Will now try Linux version and also look a bit more "under the hood".

Thanks and keep on going.

Andreas
Previous Topic: Styles and Widgets
Next Topic: Chameleon-ized EditField
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:00:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01046 seconds