Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » from window to image
from window to image [message #9135] Wed, 18 April 2007 16:45 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
I love the way in which all images in UPP are arrays or arrays of 32 bit values - makes things very simple. However, it seems odd that there is no way to sample the screen either one pixel at a time or in a block defined by a Rect. There must surely be a way to know what colour pixel is at a specific point on a window. Win32 allows one to blit between device contexts as easily as blitting between bitmaps as well as between DCs and bitmaps. Is there not some equivalent functionality in UPP?

This question arises out of another thread in this forum but appears to me to be more general and crucial for anyone wanting to be able to animate without redrawing the entire window in between each frame or action.

It applies to more than just drag and drop.

Nick

Re: from window to image [message #9142 is a reply to message #9135] Wed, 18 April 2007 22:01 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
nixnixnix wrote on Wed, 18 April 2007 10:45

I love the way in which all images in UPP are arrays or arrays of 32 bit values - makes things very simple. However, it seems odd that there is no way to sample the screen either one pixel at a time or in a block defined by a Rect. There must surely be a way to know what colour pixel is at a specific point on a window. Win32 allows one to blit between device contexts as easily as blitting between bitmaps as well as between DCs and bitmaps. Is there not some equivalent functionality in UPP?

This question arises out of another thread in this forum but appears to me to be more general and crucial for anyone wanting to be able to animate without redrawing the entire window in between each frame or action.

It applies to more than just drag and drop.

Nick

I think that in modern GUI in general, this is quite tricky bussines. You never know whether the content you are reading from the screen is up to date - repainting messages are coming in lazy fashion. On some platforms, I believe, what you want is even completely impossible. I would reserve this for screenshots, nothing more....

Mirek
Previous Topic: DrawImage with XOR undefined
Next Topic: PNG to IML?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:20:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04411 seconds