Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » CodeEditor: horizontal scrollbar [BUG?] - [INTENTIONAL]
CodeEditor: horizontal scrollbar [BUG?] - [INTENTIONAL] [message #738] Sun, 29 January 2006 23:34
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
Try to enter a very long line in the code editor window. The horizontal scrollbar appears. Now move the cursor near the start of the line, and start to delete characters with the delete key. The scrollbar is not updated, and still indicates the line as long. The same bug appears in LineEdit with scrollbar.

I have one more problem with the horizontal scrollbar - altough the behaviour seems intentional. It is only displayed when the cursor is in the long line. If there are multiple long lines, and you are moving the cursor between the lines, the size&location of the horizontal scrollbar keeps changing. Additionally when the line is short, the horizontal scrollbar disappears, which also makes the vertical scrollbar taller, and visually moves the gripper of the vertical scrollbar a little bit. I find this kind trepidation of the scrollbars disturbing, and it unnecessarily draws my attention to them. And when the horizontal scrollbar is displayed or hidden, the text area is repainted and flickers. When I am moving the cursor inside a page i am not scrolling, so the scrollbars (note the name) should stay still. This would be in harmony with how most other text editors work.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 May 2006 03:22] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: parenthesis highlight with escape characters between and wrong comments highlighting [BUGS][FIXED]
Next Topic: Assist++ CtrlCtrlCtrlCtrl [BUG][FIXED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:08:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01433 seconds