Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » problems with creating new packages
problems with creating new packages [message #9346] Mon, 30 April 2007 12:04 Go to next message
yeus is currently offline  yeus
Promising Member
well.. I have ubuntu 7.4 feisty installation without any problems.

It's just that I can't create new packags from templates, because the only template that exists is the <empty> template.

Any idea why? And how do I avoid it?

Greetings, Tom

icon11.gif  Re: problems with creating new packages [message #9359 is a reply to message #9346] Wed, 02 May 2007 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
Well, I had already signalled the problem in http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=835 7

*edit: Since many people downloaded the tar, I updated this file. Now it includes all upt files (updated to use "using namespace Upp), even those for Windows version
the missing files are

uppsrc/Core/core.upt
uppsrc/Core/sub.upt
uppsrc/CtrlLib/Complex.upt
uppsrc/CtrlLib/Normal.upt
uppsrc/upt/*

you can take them from attached file.

Ciao,
David
  • Attachment: UPT.tar.gz
    (Size: 4.36KB, Downloaded 676 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 09 March 2008 20:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problems with creating new packages [message #9364 is a reply to message #9359] Wed, 02 May 2007 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeus is currently offline  yeus
Promising Member
thx man.. just what I was looking for...

Greetings, Tom
Re: problems with creating new packages [message #10563 is a reply to message #9359] Mon, 16 July 2007 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
I followed your instructions and got some of the templates to work... I have only 3 templates when there used to be about 8 or 10. Is this correct for the new version, or should I upload a bunch more from an old source tree?

Thanks and best regards,

EBo --
Re: problems with creating new packages [message #10565 is a reply to message #10563] Mon, 16 July 2007 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
I took them from an earlier linux package of upp in which they were contained. I figure these are the only officially supported for Linux. Which is the template that doesn't work for you in the four?

The missing templates from the Windows version are 2 for an SDL project and 2 for Win32 apps. Don't know if they works in Linux.
If you have to do an SDL app, don't do it. Use Ogre or Crystal Space instead Wink, as for win apps, who cares about them?

You may need the Wenzel's one named Standard Application, which is useful but afaik it doesn't compile on Linux. Quite strangely, I've made a project with Standard Application template in Windows, built it, then I opened the same project in Linux, I re-built it, and it worked!
The Template Intriguing Mystery continues...

Ciao,
David

Re: problems with creating new packages [message #10566 is a reply to message #10565] Mon, 16 July 2007 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Ahhh...

Well, I am developing stuff for both Win* and Linux at the moment. So, having both is a good thing. Other than that I am trying to make the interface consistent and make sure I get everything included in the build that should be there (and preferably only those things). My 2 cents is that the others should be there (in the event you are working on cross platform stuff)...

EBo --
Re: problems with creating new packages [message #39309 is a reply to message #9359] Tue, 12 March 2013 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sietze is currently offline  Sietze
This doesn't work for me I have unpacked the archive you posted in my home dir I figured that it was supposed to go there ?
But the Templates do not show up in the new package dialog.
Or am I doing something wrong ?
is there a chance to get the original files from a Linux version of the templates somewhere, but I cannot use a former install
to take the templates from, since this is my first install and my first post to the forum.
Is this a quirk of Debian Linux or does this affect any Linux?
And forgive me any language mistakes for I am a foreigner,
and English is not my native speech.

Thanks in advance for any help

Sietze van de Burgt
Re: problems with creating new packages [message #39318 is a reply to message #39309] Tue, 12 March 2013 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
You do realize that you are following up to a comment I made 5.5 years ago. Right? It is highly likely that the system that was current back in July 2007 is noting like the system current today. I am no longer working on most of the stuff that was going on then, and I have looked at Upp in the last several years. I have some stuff that might benefit from Upp now, but I have not made the time to resync...

Now to some finer points. I have been using the Gentoo distribution since 2002, that and WinXP was what I was developing on when I posted my comments.

re: language...

your writing seems perfectly clear to me. I will not quibble about the occasional mis use of tense, etc. So, do not worry over much.

My suggestion is to grab the newest sources, and follow the instructions.
Re: problems with creating new packages [message #39344 is a reply to message #39318] Wed, 13 March 2013 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed but I thought I'll post on an existing topic.
So I better start a new thread/topic then I suppose.
But anyway the problem is still the same,
The Templates are missing in debian squeeze
that I downloaded from the repository linked to by this site.
and this makes it hard to follow the beginners
video introduction.
Since I just started using this program.

Thanks anyway.

Sietze...
Re: problems with creating new packages [message #39346 is a reply to message #39344] Wed, 13 March 2013 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Sietze,
Yes, it would be better to start a new thread, then performing necromancy on this one Smile Especially since your problem is probably not related. But nevermind...

The templates reside in .upt files, which are part of the deb package:
$ dpkg-deb -c Downloads/upp_5841-1~squeeze0_all.deb | grep upt
-rw-r--r-- root/root       176 2012-08-31 14:09 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/Core/sub.upt
-rw-r--r-- root/root       706 2012-08-31 14:09 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/Core/core.upt
-rw-r--r-- root/root       543 2012-08-31 14:09 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/Normal.upt
-rw-r--r-- root/root      1549 2012-08-31 14:09 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/Complex.upt
-rw-r--r-- root/root      3969 2013-02-20 01:00 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/Skylark/Skylark.upt
drwxr-xr-x root/root         0 2013-02-20 01:00 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/upt/
-rw-r--r-- root/root      2224 2013-02-20 01:00 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/upt/SDLCore.upt
-rw-r--r-- root/root      2171 2013-02-20 01:00 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/upt/SDLPure.upt
-rw-r--r-- root/root      4993 2013-02-20 01:00 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/upt/Win32.upt
-rw-r--r-- root/root       249 2013-02-20 01:00 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/upt/Console.upt
-rw-r--r-- root/root       925 2013-02-20 01:00 ./usr/share/upp/uppsrc/upt/Win32dll.upt

Can you check that your assembly is correctly set up and that the files are present in the nests? If you're not sure how to check that, you can find the details in the manual.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: problems with creating new packages [message #39349 is a reply to message #39346] Wed, 13 March 2013 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

dolik.rce: "performing necromancy on this [ancient post]"

ROFLOL. Thanks for that one.

Sietze: no problem. I was just having trouble dredging the mental archives to figure out what I was doing then, and how this related to the current code base. Typically what I do when faced with the situation is to start a new thread (if it more than several months old) and add "this may be related to the XYZ problem discussed in <link>". Anyway, no problems either way. I hope you get the issue resolved, and sorry I could not be of more help.
Re: problems with creating new packages [message #39380 is a reply to message #9346] Thu, 14 March 2013 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your info got me searching around and :
Well it turns out that it's a nasty dependency problem,
Upp is not installed.
It was probably removed with the apt-get -f install .
Maybe I just have the wrong version of upp for squeeze,
So I tried adding the nightly build repository and it worked,
but then this comes up.

upp:
Depends: libgtk2.0-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libnotify-dev but it is not going to be installed

So maybe somebody already asked about this,
However I will never again wake a thread from the dead.
it might come and hound me.
Or maybe you know how to solve this.
But first I need some sleep.
Or it might be necessary to wake me from the dead.
I have been working hard today.

Greetings and thanks for the info so far.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 March 2013 18:45]

Re: problems with creating new packages [message #39384 is a reply to message #39380] Fri, 15 March 2013 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Sietze wrote on Thu, 14 March 2013 23:53

upp:
Depends: libgtk2.0-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libnotify-dev but it is not going to be installed

Ok, we finally found the problem Smile Those two packages are standard in debian squeeze, I see no reason why apt-get should refuse to install them, unless they conflict with some other packages already installed. I'd recommend you to try to install upp with aptitude, it is OMHO much better at solving dependencies and it usually gives you a aselection from several possible solutions when it comes to problems like this.

Meanwhile, a quick fix could be to use svn sources. If you start theide with -install argument, you can select SVN synced sources (and defaults for the rest of questions) and TheIDE should take care of everything for you.

Honza

[Updated on: Fri, 15 March 2013 06:58]

Re: problems with creating new packages [message #39403 is a reply to message #39384] Fri, 15 March 2013 18:39 Go to previous message
The problem is solved.

After some tinkering with aptitude it was installed,
it turns out that having things installed from the
squeeze-backports gives some problems,
(I like to have the latest browsers and it suggested
in the first place downgrading the browsers and removing xulrunner 10 ),
but much to my liking the program came with more alternatives,
I used aptitude --full-resolver install upp and pressed n a couple
of times until it suggested installing more stuff from
squeeze-backports.

To make things simple I first installed theide afterwards,
I wanted to see what aptitude did for upp and didn't want to be
bothered with packages concerning dependency's of theide.
I should use aptitude more often.

After this guess what no templates.
But I thought maybe directory's already present messed things up.
So I logged in in my girlfriends account on my laptop.
And there it was examples templates every thing complete.

So next thing I removed every upp related dir from my home dir,
there wasn't anything there that I needed in there,
but I moved them to the thrash to be sure
(I don't like removing things and later on finding out that I
removed something I still need to use, I learned the hard way).

And started up theide again and there it was everything I needed,
to start enjoying programming again,
I have not seriously programmed for a long time and need to learn
my skills again and see if I am still smart or at least not stupid Very Happy .

Thank you very much for your suggestions they were very help full Thumbs Up !!!

Many Thanks

Sietze

[Updated on: Fri, 15 March 2013 18:47]

Previous Topic: Debian-repository
Next Topic: [SOLVED] Scientific Linux installation problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:29:46 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01718 seconds