Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Czech (international) input in Linux
Czech (international) input in Linux [message #770] Wed, 01 February 2006 16:27 Go to next message
hribek is currently offline  hribek
Promising Member
Is it possible to handle a keybord input witch other than English character? ("Příli¨ ¸luťoučký kůň....") In MS Windows it works but in Mandriva2006/XWindows/KDE does not. I downloaded UPP, built and executed the Word example. When I write Czech characters into your Word, I do no recieve correct input. (But in Windows it is OK.) Is it my problem or bug of Linux implementation of upp?
Re: Czech (international) input in Linux [message #773 is a reply to message #770] Wed, 01 February 2006 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
International input was fixed before 511 version, however the test platforms are Ubuntu and Fedora...

Are you using 511 (or later snapshot)?

Are you sure that input works in other apps?

Is there something different in Mandriva input method implementation?

(I am using code that is quite similar to one used in other toolkits, there is not much implementation freedom).

Well, there is another problem I am aware of: Many linux fonts (e.g. Bitstream Vera) do not contain czech glyphs. In e.g. KDE apps this is hidden as text rendering subsystem "borrows" missing characters from other fonts. We are planning something similar, but instead of other fonts, we shall "synthetise" characters by combining glyphs (as there are carons etc... defined in both Unicode and Linux fonts).

Mire\
Re: Czech (international) input in Linux [message #779 is a reply to message #773] Thu, 02 February 2006 09:20 Go to previous message
hribek is currently offline  hribek
Promising Member
> Are you using 511 (or later snapshot)?
Yes. 511.

> Are you sure that input works in other apps?
Yes.

> Is there something different in Mandriva input method implementation?

I think no. (Or one small. Fedora uses utf-8 and Mandriva iso-8859-2, but I think, it is only important for console programs, not XWindows.) But I am not expert on XWindows/internationalisation/...

Well, thank you for your reply. It is for me good to know, that it should work. I will try to do something with fonts, try to debug my application etc. (I have only downloaded your example applications, found it very interestind, but have not try to do anything more advanced.) Thanks for nice IDE/library.
Next Topic: Locale troubles with UPP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:12:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00964 seconds