Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » AGG again
AGG again [message #9930] Sat, 09 June 2007 21:20 Go to next message
arturbac is currently offline  arturbac

I have read all topics about agg and u++. I need this for U++ becouse my Chefs will not accept "sharp" draw of a map, it is just uggly.
There are links to files but all are broken doe's anyone have one of this files and can share it or have idea how easly integrate/replace GDI win32 line rendering with agg's one.

And what about optional switch to enable agg before implementing chammeleon that Luzr have writen in one post ?

Artur
Re: AGG again [message #9935 is a reply to message #9930] Sat, 09 June 2007 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, AGG (or alternative technology) is on the roadmap. In U++, everything is ready for the step (we have uniform RGBA Image, we have DrawData to store/print anything), but there is at the moment nobody working on the issue (AFAIK). I think that for somebody familiar with AGG, this should be relatively easy do achieve (hint, hint!).

As for switching to AGG completely, this was abandoned because of performance issues -> basic operations remain HW accelerated.
Re: AGG again [message #9950 is a reply to message #9930] Sun, 10 June 2007 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arturbac is currently offline  arturbac

I investigated a bit into U++ classes
I think most comfortable soulution (for me at least) would be
Implementing ImageDraw into specific one like

public AggDraw : public ImageDraw {}

And override antything necessery for custom painting with agg..
We could still use original u++ draw iface with one aditional class with custom agg implementation.

Doeas this concept is ok, are there any issues that You think could be hard to implement that way ?
Re: AGG again [message #9954 is a reply to message #9950] Mon, 11 June 2007 10:01 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Please read the actual thread in "Technology lab"...
Previous Topic: blending images
Next Topic: Offset and the clipping stack. How to use?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:00:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02007 seconds