Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Cross Compile UPP for armv5l arch
Cross Compile UPP for armv5l arch [message #10495] Thu, 12 July 2007 20:07 Go to next message
bgreen is currently offline  bgreen
I have successfully installed UPP on my Linux Suse 10.2 host and managed to compile and run the simple HW example. I then tried to cross compile the example for an armv5l target. I have tried several iterations of this to include trying to use TheIDE to build, using TheIDE to create a Makefile and then attempting to use the make all option and reviewed the option for producing a config file and using macros. All of my labors eventually end me up at the same place. I can get hello.cpp to compile but linking returns warnings and errors. The errors are to the affect of my armv5l libraries are -mhard-float and the libraries in UPP are -msoft-float. It seems that most of these errors are with regard to TheIDE. I thought a means to get around this was to do a compile of the UPP source just to create libraries that could be linked against using my target tools and linker. This too has to date been fruitless. Can anyone give me some information on what will be required to facilitate making an example and ultimately a custom app to port to an armv5l target? Can I do this from within TheIDE? I am including the output of my make. Thanks,
Re: Cross Compile UPP for armv5l arch [message #10497 is a reply to message #10495] Thu, 12 July 2007 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, the very first question: What is the target? PocketPC? Or something with Linux? (a bit confused)
Re: Cross Compile UPP for armv5l arch [message #10501 is a reply to message #10497] Thu, 12 July 2007 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luzr,
First thanks for your reply.
I have configured a Linux 2.6.19 kernel. I am using the armv5l toolchain from TimeSys. I have downloaded their rpms and have created an RFS. I have included the paths for the headers and the libs from this distribution. I am attempting to compile and link using the tools in their toolchain.
Thanks,
Re: Cross Compile UPP for armv5l arch [message #10504 is a reply to message #10501] Thu, 12 July 2007 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
bgreen wrote on Thu, 12 July 2007 15:55

luzr,
First thanks for your reply.
I have configured a Linux 2.6.19 kernel. I am using the armv5l toolchain from TimeSys. I have downloaded their rpms and have created an RFS. I have included the paths for the headers and the libs from this distribution. I am attempting to compile and link using the tools in their toolchain.
Thanks,

Sorry for being so dumb, these things are quite remote to what I usually do, so just to be sure:

Are you developing an embeded Linux application with TimeSys board?

Is it supposed to be X11? (Just curious).

About -msoft-float, there are no settings in TheIDE that would result in this... Anyway, in the setup menu, there is "Verbose" flag. Activate it to see actual compiler commandlines.

Mirek
Re: Cross Compile UPP for armv5l arch [message #10505 is a reply to message #10504] Thu, 12 July 2007 23:13 Go to previous message
Mirek,
It has an Xserver on it. I am currently running the busybox distribution with the match box desktop and gpe-gallery on it. We were trying to port UPP to it and have already created the UI on a WinXP host and my task it to get it cross compiled and running on the target.
Thanks again for your interest, direction and help.
Bill
Previous Topic: Geom/PlotterCtrl fixed plot
Next Topic: Project files for MS Visual Studio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:32:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01668 seconds