ebojd Messages: 225 Registered: January 2007 Location: USA
Fair enough ... I have not found any instructions for setting up the experimental source tree within u++ -- specifically, there is no top level upp.var.
Here is a list of things I did to get started (for those of you wishing to do similar). So, maybe this can be the start of the *getting the dev tree working in Linux* HowTo... Also, luzr et al., if you see me doing something obvious stupid please point it out so I can correct it
1) download the dev tree from a UVS/SVN/CVS.
2) set up a a new assembly. Note: I decided to do this by hand and copied/hand-edited a new variable (~/.theide/uppsrc.var):
UPP = "/usr/local/src/ultimate/uppsrc";
OUTPUT = "/old_root/upp/devout";
COMMON = "/usr/local/src/ultimate/Common";
3) start upp and select the "ide" package.
4) run Build->Create_makefile
5) Now I start up a terminal, cd to /usr/local/src/ultimate/uppsrc/ide and simply run "make". This will generate a base Makefile. For me this one just ran out of the box this time. You may have to edit it from time to time to fix various configuration settings, etc, but should be close to just running. In the past there were problems with not being able to find various include files or libraries whose configurations are known via pkg-config...