Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » links to other topics
links to other topics [message #894] Tue, 07 February 2006 13:56 Go to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
How do I create a link to a post in an other topic? If I just copy the link from my address bar, that seems to contain some kind of session id (S=ad8d....) which could cause a problem. Removing it doesn't seem to result in a valid link.
Re: links to other topics [message #901 is a reply to message #894] Tue, 07 February 2006 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
hojtsy wrote on Tue, 07 February 2006 07:56

How do I create a link to a post in an other topic? If I just copy the link from my address bar, that seems to contain some kind of session id (S=ad8d....) which could cause a problem. Removing it doesn't seem to result in a valid link.

Thanks for noticing. I've already started cleaning them. It seems that you should delete everything to the right including "&"

Please, check if it works.
Here is an example:

http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=239& amp; amp;start=0

Hold your mouse over it to see the real link or copy link location to play and study the syntax.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 February 2006 16:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: links to other topics [message #902 is a reply to message #901] Tue, 07 February 2006 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
What I would like is a link which would scroll to a selected post from a thread, and not just the top of the thread. This one seems to work:

http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=65 7#msg_657

Maybe each post could have a small link button from where I could copy links like this.
Re: links to other topics [message #3035 is a reply to message #894] Thu, 04 May 2006 15:53 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
hojtsy wrote on Tue, 07 February 2006 12:56

At last! I've succeeded to remove session ID from the URL's Cool
Now you can link topics with more elegant url's.
Also, to make our forum more search engines friendly, I started one more template - path_info_tmpl. I'll try to find out if that really
could help. Anyone here with extensive web knowledge?
Previous Topic: Email notification of ALL messages
Next Topic: on topics added present day wieving...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:48:14 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01645 seconds