Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Mac OS X startup
Mac OS X startup [message #10809] Tue, 31 July 2007 08:42 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello from Moscow,

at home of my wyfe I can use only a Mac OS X. I do not know such platform and I feel unconfortable with it. Please let me ask you wich U++ version I should download (the good one checked for this OS) and eventually some compiler if it not included in the distro (there is no track of .dmg package in the download section and I hope to have theide already compiled).
I would like to perform some experiments in the spare time.

Thanks in advance,
Luigi
Re: Mac OS X startup [message #10816 is a reply to message #10809] Tue, 31 July 2007 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Hello, my friend!
I just can't imagine people using Mac OS without Parallels these days... Smile I would strogly suggest to buy a copy and then use Linux or even Windows on Mac (like me Cool (exept after too many disasters I don't use Windows anymore) )
Or make dual boot...
Re: Mac OS X startup [message #10817 is a reply to message #10816] Tue, 31 July 2007 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Or, if you decide to use pure Mac OS then you need gcc and things which, AFAIK, is the best (or the only?) way obtained by downloading XCode tools suite (~1Gb and requires simple registration).
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/xcode/
Re: Mac OS X startup [message #10818 is a reply to message #10816] Tue, 31 July 2007 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
fudadmin wrote on Tue, 31 July 2007 12:28

Hello, my friend!
I just can't imagine people using Mac OS without Parallels these days... Smile I would strogly suggest to buy a copy and then use Linux or even Windows on Mac (like me Cool (exept after too many disasters I don't use Windows anymore) )
Or make dual boot...

Hi Aris, happy to hear you!

Here I would like to try to port my application under Mac OSX.
I was unaware of Parallels. It seems a very impressive program. If it works as they state there is no need of porting program and my task is already resolved Very Happy .
I'll consider the possibility to buy a copy of this program.

(Once at home I hope to have time to start with graphics and AGG. I saw you last posts about it.).

Luigi
Re: Mac OS X startup [message #10820 is a reply to message #10818] Tue, 31 July 2007 13:34 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
forlano wrote on Tue, 31 July 2007 11:59

Here I would like to try to port my application under Mac OSX.
I was unaware of Parallels. It seems a very impressive program. If it works as they state there is no need of porting program and my task is already resolved Very Happy .
I'll consider the possibility to buy a copy of this program.

Luigi

Virtual computers are the 8 wonder of the world! You can play with different Linux distros and Windows at the same time and copy them "in whole" from one physical machine (or disk) to another... Just amazing!

I haven't read too much what Parallels state but after using it I can't imagine my life without it and think how stupid are people who buy only MS Windows preinstalled computers... Smile
Previous Topic: Has anyone used CUDA with UPP?
Next Topic: Linux releases will come again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:39:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02960 seconds